Creighton (11/9/12)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Creighton 69

NT 47

3:35 to go

Hey, it's said that usually five games a year you play above your ability, five under it, and the rest of games is really who you are. Let's hope this is part of the bad five.

• Upvote 1

I had my doubts about McDermotts greatness, but the guy is not only very skilled, but he really knows how to use his body down low. It'll be interesting to see how his NBA situation works out since he looks to be a little on the short side. 6'6"?

Tough game and disappointing because we are expecting so much from our team this year. However, I will not let this loss get me down. I still think we are a talented team who can make it to the tournament and maybe catch fire and win a few games there.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

I had my doubts about McDermotts greatness, but the guy is not only very skilled, but he really knows how to use his body down low. It'll be interesting to see how his NBA situation works out since he looks to be a little on the short side. 6'6"?

Slow (for small forward at next level), biggish, white guy that can't elevate and will struggle to create his own shot off the dribble against top defenders? There have been many that came before him with similar skills. He cannot play down low at the next level, but hey, great college player and has a great stroke. Can't take that away from him. I hope he goes in the first round and gets some guaranteed money.

I have nothing against the guy and hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by CurveItAround

Sounds like we didn't play well at all, but it is the 1st game of the year and gives us plenty to improve on. This was the 1st game for Jones and J Williams since last January, so that doesnt help. We do have a much easier game up next to help right the ship and get some rhythm. We have a long way to go, but we are going to be ok.

• Upvote 1

Tough.

That'll be the theme for this post.

Tough team in Creighton.

Tough place to play.

Tough place to open a season and tough place to start a head coaching career.

Tough (tough, tough, tough, tough, tough) shooting night.

Tough break on some 50/50 balls...and tough break on a handful of calls (especially on CJ)

We just played the best team on our schedule. Hands down. And we had to do it in the very first game of the year and the very first game at the helm for our head coach.

From this game I'll take out that we looked like we belonged...even a 35% shooting night and we lose by 10. Mitchell, as we know, is legit. Franklin played really well. Alzee was solid off the bounce, but his jumper looked rushed (so did everyone's). PJ and Coleman will be big pieces this year.

I like the line changes...for about the first 8-10 minutes...after that stop it. Yes we have 11-12 players...not all of them deserved to be out there tonight. PJ, Alzee, Roger, Mitchell, Coleman...we could've gotten away with that line-up for longer stretches tonight.

Not worried. God owes me for Sandy canceling the NYC Marathon so he's gonna deliver a trip to MSG. Mark it down.

• Upvote 4

Slow, biggish, white guy that can't elevate and will struggle to create his own shot off the dribble against top defenders? There have been many that came before him with similar skills. He cannot play down low at the next level, but hey, great college player and has a great stroke. Can't take that away from him. I hope he goes in the first round and gets some guaranteed money.

I have nothing against the guy and hope he proves me wrong.

He's a slightly more versatile Fred Hoiberg at the next level. He'll cash an NBA paycheck for a decade.

We won't see a team like this again until we reach the first round of 64... And we'll be a different team by then.

Absolutely. We were facing a top 20 team with 9 players who had played together with a team that has hardly played together at all. It's not where we are now that counts, but where we will be in March. Sure, I'm disappointed, but not surprised. A good team will take this and learn from it.

Idk...I am frankly a little tired of UNT being the perpetual underdog and always accepting a loss. "It was our toughest game of the season...it was one of the best teams in the nation..blah... blah"....Come on, we have arguably the most talented team in history and we're accepting losing? This loss was embarrassing with the way we played. We were dominated in most aspects of the game and Creighton didn't even have a great game whatsoever. We're not a poorly talented Sunbelt team with mediocre expectations. This should be a huge reality check for the team and coaches if they want to have any high level success this season, which is what everyone has to expect from this team. Hope they start playing a lot better and the coaches prove that their players are maximizing their talent. It did not show at all tonight. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of high expectations and under-performance. Hope things turn very quickly.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3