Brock Berglund to UNT Part Deaux

Mean Green 93-98

Let you guys judge for yourselves:

unt.jpg

This would be huge.

Who's Ryan Kole?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So, anyone know why he was "dismissed" at Kansas before seeing the field? Paper (Vito) reported he was "dismissed". I am really happy he is enrolled and wants to play for UNT...and I am just as happy as Mac seems to think he's a good piick-up...BUT...lots of "stuff" with this kid and I will just "wait and see" and trust Mac and Company with this kid. Sometimes kids are a bit (well more than a bit at times) immature and have had too much of "reading their own press clippings" and recruiters telling them that they are the next Peyton and Eli manning and/or Brett Farve or whoever to get their heads on straight. Takes a bit of "growing up" sometimes...some do, others never quite get there and potential turns into "had potential". Until all that is sorted out, and I fully expect Mac and Company can handle that quite well, I'll not get overly excited.

However, what does excite me is that Mac and Co. seem to be starting to pick up more and more highly rated players. These kids...ala Tony Mitchell in basketball...tend to bring other kids with them. That is usually a good thing. So, here's keeping my fingers crossed...but at this time...all UNT has is "potential" and a kid that seems to have had some trouble sticking anywhere.

Lots to be excited about in the potential area here....just have seen this (as Silver pointed out) many times before. Some with good to great results...some well, not so good.

All said...welcome to the great Mean green Nation Brock...you should have signed here in the first place. Now, go bring some of your pals here to play for the Mean Green! Oh, and make sure to go to class and make your grades.

Again...anyone know why he was "dismissed" from school at Kansas?????

• Upvote 2

He got in to a fight with some dude who was messing with his gf. Brock got the best of the guy so the loser pressed charges. I believe nothing ever came of the charges though. That's why he missed his first year, taking care of legal issues. Charlie Weiss then took over at Kansas and brought in 2 tranfer QBs. Brock tried to leave but Kansas wouldn't let him transfer for quite awhile. KU finally let him transfer and that's when he started looking at NT but couldn't transfer bc of credit issues.

This article sums it up pretty well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/qb-brock-berglund-goes-another-round-kansas-ending-203443182.html

Story discussing the altercation

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/brock-berglund-breaks-silence-assault-case-dismissed-221658248.html

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 3

He got in to a fight with some dude who was messing with his gf. Brock got the best of the guy so the loser pressed charges. I believe nothing ever came of the charges though. That's why he missed his first year, taking care of legal issues. Charlie Weiss then took over at Kansas and brought in 2 tranfer QBs. Brock tried to leave but Kansas wouldn't let him transfer for quite awhile. KU finally let him transfer and that's when he started looking at NT but couldn't transfer bc of credit issues.

In Texas it's called chivalry.

• Upvote 3

I feel better after reading those articles. Thanks to H-town for those links.

Really? Those articles do nothing but give me pause about this kid.

Hope he has grown up since everything involving his Kansas "commitment" went down.

And just so everyone on here knows, you don't rupture an eardrum with a push.

So stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hope he has grown up since everything involving his Kansas "commitment" went down.

So stupid.

Yes, really. So, someone tries to punch you and you should do what - exactly? Just stand there like Ghandi? I'd say pushing someone away and smacking his ear was reasonable way to defend oneself. The article claims it was not as severe as they first thought anyway. Who knows what really went down there but it just to me sounded like a scuffle.

The rest of the events revolving around his time at Kansas seem to me to be he-said she-said verbal slap-fighting. I didn't get any real concrete explanations for the release other than new coaching staff and not wanting to deal with the fight court issues, etc. Reading his explanations to me sounded sincere enough and definitely sounded like he's ready to move on from it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, really. So, someone tries to punch you and you should do what - exactly? Just stand there like Ghandi? I'd say pushing someone away and smacking his ear was reasonable way to defend oneself. The article claims it was not as severe as they first thought anyway. Who knows what really went down there but it just to me sounded like a scuffle.

The rest of the events revolving around his time at Kansas seem to me to be he-said she-said verbal slap-fighting. I didn't get any real concrete explanations for the release other than new coaching staff and not wanting to deal with the fight court issues, etc. Reading his explanations to me sounded sincere enough and definitely sounded like he's ready to move on from it.

What worries me is that Brock himself said it was a push. That is straight from the source. A push would not bring the injuries incurred or the charges filed. A push would not cause anything even closely resembling a busted ear drum.

I would have been fine if Brock had said "The guy took a swing at me, so I punched him back. Unfortunately, his ear got hurt as a result of that punch." He doesn't, which makes one question the rest of his story.

Past is past, and he is now property of Dan McCarney. I have faith that if he is a problem child, he will either get with the program or have a very short stay at UNT. Coach McCarney will make sure of that.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So stupid.

I know someone that ruptured an eardrum just by flying on a plane with a cold. I also know someone that broke her jaw by yawning. Just sayin'.... Besides, he said he passed a polygraph test, what more proof do you need? ;)

In today's internet-informed society, baggage never completely goes away but, as I posted before, I'm willing to give the kid a fresh start and not bring up his past problems. Isn't that basically what we've done with Coach Mac?

• Upvote 1

Bergland said the initial charge was assault with a deadly weapon, which would have carried a 5-year jail term with it. The charge was eventually reduced to third-degree assault because the injury sustained to Holleren's ear was not as bad as was first believed.

Huh? Assault with a deadly weapon!?!? How did they get to that charge at first? Are hands deadly weapons? Was it because he is a kung-fu master and didn't tell anyone?

What worries me is that Brock himself said it was a push. That is straight from the source. A push would not bring the injuries incurred or the charges filed. A push would not cause anything even closely resembling a busted ear drum.

I would have been fine if Brock had said "The guy took a swing at me, so I punched him back. Unfortunately, his ear got hurt as a result of that punch." He doesn't, which makes one question the rest of his story.

Past is past, and he is now property of Dan McCarney. I have faith that if he is a problem child, he will either get with the program or have a very short stay at UNT. Coach McCarney will make sure of that.

Congratulations on landing the lead role in: CSI Denton.

• Upvote 2

WOW!! WTF is Ryan Kole!!

everyone is jumping on this like ESPN would do any far fetched story and then have to write a written apology.

call me when speculation from ONE RANDOM guy's fb post is replaced by a printed statement!!!

I poked around before I posted it.

PS, twitter and facebook break more stories than ESPN, all day, everyday. See Deron Williams decision this summer.