Brock Berglund to UNT Part Deaux

Mean Green 93-98

Let you guys judge for yourselves:

unt.jpg

This would be huge.

Who's Ryan Kole?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Need I remind everyone of a certain WR who transferred from OU, that everyone was excited about?.....#14?

As long as, in the same breath, you remind everyone of a certain safety who transferred from OU that everyone was excited about . . . #8.

Besides, Stradford wasn't as big of a flop as some make him out to be. He had some big plays, and even when he wasn't making them, his speed demanded constant attention that opened things up a bit for the rest of the offense. He apparently never gained Coach Mac's trust--understandably so, he didn't have great hands--so he never saw the field much last year before he left the program. But he made some contributions in the 2010 season.

• Upvote 2

As long as, in the same breath, you remind everyone of a certain safety who transferred from OU that everyone was excited about . . . #8.

Besides, Stradford wasn't as big of a flop as some make him out to be. He had some big plays, and even when he wasn't making them, his speed demanded constant attention that opened things up a bit for the rest of the offense. He apparently never gained Coach Mac's trust--understandably so, he didn't have great hands--so he never saw the field much last year before he left the program. But he made some contributions in the 2010 season.

I'll just say I hope he's better at jumping fences when dogs are attacking him...

• Upvote 5

We don't really know the details about his extremely brief time at the cc. That was what the oc said...after he left, so who knows what his real role on the team was or if he was going to be the starter or not. There could be a lot of other reasons why he would leave. If it was me, I think I'd rather be at the school I intend on transferring to as apposed to playing one semester of cc. What would ultimately make me better? I am cautiously optimistic. If anything he will at least provide depth while also possessing a big upside.

• Upvote 1

Yep. Riley was a PARADE All-American. And as far as I know . . . all his offers--Texas, Rice, Mizzou, Tulsa--were as QB, although Texas told him they might move him if it didn't work out at QB.

But that's water under the bridge . . . Berglund was not as heralded as Riley, but he could easily end up our best QB since Scott Hall, if not Mitch Maher.

Apples and oranges. This guy has the build to succeed at this level and isn't made of paper mâché. We won't have to worry about giving him perpetual kudos for taking a beating gracefully.

And, no, Texas had zero interest on Rodge as a QB. He knew it.

We don't really know the details about his extremely brief time at the cc. That was what the oc said...after he left, so who knows what his real role on the team was or if he was going to be the starter or not. There could be a lot of other reasons why he would leave. If it was me, I think I'd rather be at the school I intend on transferring to as apposed to playing one semester of cc. What would ultimately make me better? I am cautiously optimistic. If anything he will at least provide depth while also possessing a big upside.

Playing live football would ultimately make you better, particularly if you hadn't played in 2 years. That's my opinion, anyway. Right now, the guy hasn't been on the field since 2010.

If the decision was based on the idea that he'd rather be at the school to which he intended to transfer... why not do that in the first place?

Keep in mind that Scottsdale had a game on August 25. They won 49-27 and Berglund didn't see the field.

• Upvote 1

Playing live football would ultimately make you better, particularly if you hadn't played in 2 years. That's my opinion, anyway. Right now, the guy hasn't been on the field since 2010.

If the decision was based on the idea that he'd rather be at the school to which he intended to transfer... why not do that in the first place?

Keep in mind that Scottsdale had a game on August 25. They won 49-27 and Berglund didn't see the field.

Good point. Didn't know if they had played or not. Maybe Vito can get some definitives from him. That's not exactly encouraging, but like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Good point. Didn't know if they had played or not. Maybe Vito can get some definitives from him. That's not exactly encouraging, but like I said, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, the guy was pretty highly touted only a year ago, and it's not uncommon for guys to redshirt a year and/or miss a year to injury and still be effective. It's a good get for the program regardless. I'm just tapping the brakes a little bit. It's possible that Berglund just didn't get to CC in time to really MAKE that push to be the starter, and once that became apparent, then there isn't really a value of being at the CC. The only value it had was allowing him to play right away.

So I'm not trying to crap on this signing. It's good. I'm just trying to be realistic.

• Upvote 1

Need I remind everyone of a certain WR who transferred from OU, that everyone was excited about?.....#14? I for one will not get excited until toward the end of spring ball and he's neck and neck with DT for the starting position.

I think you meant Cam Feldt, not Stradford

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1