Mean Green 93-98

Let you guys judge for yourselves:

unt.jpg

This would be huge.

Who's Ryan Kole?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

WOW!! WTF is Ryan Kole!!

everyone is jumping on this like ESPN would do any far fetched story and then have to write a written apology.

call me when speculation from ONE RANDOM guy's fb post is replaced by a printed statement!!!

• Downvote 4

Brett Vito is posting that he has indeed enrolled at UNT. Good news, but jury is still out on this kid...we'll see how it goes...but, WEL:COME TO THE MEAN GREEN NATION BROCK!

By the way...I thought i read somewhere on this board or in some other not to be mentioned board that UNT couldn't attract top rated players...that Mac didn't have good recruiting "stuff"...maybe I just imagined those postings. Looks like some folks are beginning to take UNT seriously and see the advantages of playing for UNT at Apogee and with this "skins on the wall" coaching staff after all.....nice!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Official Per Vito

I call this a game changer... UNT has not had a quarterback of this caliber or with these offers and accolades EVER. Huge win for Coach Riddle --- just huge!!! Welcome aboard Brock!!!

I don't know, Harry. Riley Dodge might disagree.

Still wondering if all the offers were for QB or if some of the major programs had a position change in mind.

Still, a very very good get.

• Upvote 5

Chico has to be on cloud 9 with this news. He is a good enough coach to get the most out of Thompson, but I gotta think he's ecstatic that he now has a legit dual-threat QB to work with. His offense was VERY good with Riley at the helm. I think the running QB is more his style.

• Upvote 2

Still wondering if all the offers were for QB or if some of the major programs had a position change in mind.

Still, a very very good get.

Riley was a good player and he certainly had accolades but he wasn't 6-4 and he didn't have this type of arm. Riley's offers were primarily at wide receiver or athlete...Now to Dodge's credit -- Giovanni Vizza was a pretty damn good quarterback but he doesn't have the height, speed or offers of this kid. Vizza's only other major offer was Nevada to my recollection.

Yep. Riley was a PARADE All-American. And as far as I know . . . all his offers--Texas, Rice, Mizzou, Tulsa--were as QB, although Texas told him they might move him if it didn't work out at QB.

But that's water under the bridge . . . Berglund was not as heralded as Riley, but he could easily end up our best QB since Scott Hall, if not Mitch Maher.

• Upvote 1

Need I remind everyone of a certain WR who transferred from OU, that everyone was excited about?.....#14? I for one will not get excited until toward the end of spring ball and he's neck and neck with DT for the starting position.

Need I remind you that it's perfectly OK to get excited. Fans do that you know. For now, until he proves otherwise, it's GREAT NEWS !

• Upvote 4