Brent Osborn better be on his death bed

DeepGreen

Osborne was the #2 QB in spring training, right? Why isn't he in the game, rather than McNulty? Watching that last interception by TU, our guys have already given up.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm definitely disappointed in this move. It's too hard to predict what all happens during the week of practice that plays into a coach's decision to start a true freshman. Not worth banging our heads over. So, was Osborn NOT the real #2??? Bottom line, McNulty did not play well....

:(

• Upvote 1

Do you guys really think he is putting the possibility of hurting his friend's feelings ahead of the team and his career? I don't like the call either, but he has to see something in McNulty that made him put him in there. We aren't in practice to see what is happening. Maybe Osborne made him mad or maybe Mcnulty looks like superman in practice. Could be a lot of things.

Don't know, but I wish a journalist had the balls to ask. Osborn is a three star recruit with a year of JUCO ball under his belt, looks 100% better than McNulty in the games and hasn't made critical mistakes that, honestly, not only McNulty has made but also Thompson.

McNulty was a two star recruit out of Iowa that, other than scoring on a running play against Houston, has shown very little in a game. I don't give a damn what kind of practice player he is, he's not producing when it counts. Brent Osborn should be ahead of McNulty based on game production and McNulty should have been red-shirted this year.

• Upvote 1

Don't know, but I wish a journalist had the balls to ask. Osborn is a three star recruit with a year of JUCO ball under his belt, looks 100% better than McNulty in the games and hasn't made critical mistakes that, honestly, not only McNulty has made but also Thompson.

McNulty was a two star recruit out of Iowa that, other than scoring on a running play against Houston, has shown very little in a game. I don't give a damn what kind of practice player he is, he's not producing when it counts. Brent Osborn should be ahead of McNulty based on game production and McNulty should have been red-shirted this year.

Thompson and Osborn should start looking at other programs as soon as they can. They won't be playing next year at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

Don't know, but I wish a journalist had the balls to ask.

The beat writer has completely bought into what McCarney is selling. Maybe what McCarney is selling is grade A prime choice beef, but if it's horse meat, it's pretty clear we won't find out from anyone at the DRC.

• Upvote 4

Osborn adds another TD. What's Coach Mac. thinking. He must not want to go to a bowl game this year. Based on what I saw Osborn light years ahead of McNulty (sp).

Osborn is a great QB and I hope he jumps McNulty in the depth chart. McNulty was awful.

McCarney doesnt coach the offense folks!

No, he doesn't. But are you trying to tell me that he can't tell the OC to put in Osborn? Come on, really?

are you trying to tell me that he can't tell the OC to put in Osborn? Come on, really?

No, I'm referring back to the fact that DMac and Canales have a history(South Florida) of having a solid working relationship, and professionally, they respect each other enough to allow each other do their respective jobs. With that, I'm willing to bet this was Canales' decision and solely his to play AM over Oz, not DMac's, therefore putting to rest the favoritism rumours.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who knows who played. The official stats on www.meangreensports.com shows Dwaylon Cook on the participation report. That should be John Dodson, who did play, and if I was Osborn, I would be pissed about that too.

Dodson didn't play. The #10 that did play was Ivan Delgado, WR, who scored a touchdown on a pass from Osborn.

• Upvote 1