Benford Press Conference

Mean Green 93-98

gallery_1_88_100110.jpg

Here's the archived press conference: http://www.meangreensports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=1800&id=873276&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_OEM_ID=1800

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

He also said Franklin wasn't there, either. Wouldn't read too much into it.

But he mentioned Roger's name and said he would be running late. Roger did show up a few minutes later. I never heard Robinson's name mentioned. Maybe I missed it. Could be something to it , could not

But he mentioned Roger's name and said he would be running late. Roger did show up a few minutes later. I never heard Robinson's name mentioned. Maybe I missed it. Could be something to it , could not

Did he say Alzee's name? I didn't hear his either.

I'd be shocked if either Forrest or UNT gave up after 1 year. With that touch, if he ever develops the aggressiveness and body, look out!!! Wouldn't be shocked to see him redshirt this year.

That would be ideal. Kid has potential, it's just going to take a lot of time

Remember that Forrest was injured through this past season. He would have been able to take a medical redshirt except his services, even hampered by injury, were needed for the team.

He's a young kid and still growing. According to Johnny, Forrest likely will grow to around 6-11, and with weight training and work on his inside game, should become a very special player.

Remember that Forrest was injured through this past season. He would have been able to take a medical redshirt except his services, even hampered by injury, were needed for the team.

He's a young kid and still growing. According to Johnny, Forrest likely will grow to around 6-11, and with weight training and work on his inside game, should become a very special player.

I agree. I like Robinson a lot. He has potential to be a real scorer for us at the very least, but it's just going to take a little time for a guy coming out of 2A Eastland to figure out where he fits in at this level. Too bad he didn't get a RS this year, but that's water under the bridge at this point.

he is transferring

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And in mentor Buzz Williams tradition immediately pulled Clarke's scholarship offer after the presser... :unsure:

THAT is not at all funny.....I can imagine that we have a very anxious young man who just signed with a different coach...new coach comes in...has to have some agnst going on...and I can assure you the parents are a tad concerned as their son wants to play for UNT, is just about to graduate HS and BAM...new HC for his college team...some anxiety about that scholarship for sure...so, Mike...not funny! But I did give you a +1 for creativity and fast thinking......but I should -1 you (I won't) too for your lack of sensitivity! Ha! And here, all this time, I thought you were a real "touchy-feely girlie sort of guy"! :shocking:

OK, just kidding on that touchy-feely girlie thing....... :wub::phew:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The rumors were that he refused to redshirt and would not have come here if we were going to redshirt him. Medicals can be a gamble so if he could play at all it was better to have him play. If he is leaving, then I'm glad he burned a year of eligibilty and he will have to sit somewhere else anyway. I think he has potential, but I wonder about him. Just watching him during games, he never seemed that committed.

I've heard that, though he went 1 for 8 last season. Small sample size yes, but people on here have bashed on Holmen for better 3pt shooting than that.

One of Forrest's biggest assests is his mid-range jumper. Great from 12-15 feet, which, believe it or not, is rare these days. His problem is getting in a position for that shot.

Patience, folks.

Edited by UNT90

One of Forrest's biggest assests is his mid-range jumper. Great from 12-15 feet, which, believe it or not, is rare these days. His problem is getting in a position for that shot.

Patience, folks.

I'm not saying we kick him to the curb, but he didn't really show much in limited minutes his freshman year and if he doesn't want to be here...

• Upvote 2

I thought RV's last statement was pretty interesting. He basically looked at the team and said "don't leave because this is going to be great." I wonder if that was just for TM or our two ineligibles as well.

I would guess all three, and probably more.

12-15 feet, which, believe it or not, is rare these days. His problem is getting in a position for that shot.

It truly is amazing how few players can really do damage in this range...especially at the free throw line extended...if I as a guard can get to the elbows in either some form of pick and roll in the half-court or especially in transition there really is no option not at my disposal. Most of the kids I play against now...good players all..have basically two consistent shots...the 3 or the lay-up.

One of the things that I like about Holmen is he has a nice mid range game. His shot selection has improved and it makes me excited to see what he does next season.

Man if he can play like he did in the tournament -- watch out! I remember the opposing benches bemoaning the fact that he came out of nowhere!