Alabama Birmingham (1/23/14)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Serious question: How does the tournament work this year with the byes?

Each team qualifies for the tournament, with the exception of FIU this season. The top four seeds will receive a double-bye, seeds five through nine receive a bye. The winner of the single-elimination tournament will gain the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Championship.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-format.html

Each team qualifies for the tournament, with the exception of FIU this season. The top four seeds will receive a double-bye, seeds five through nine receive a bye. The winner of the single-elimination tournament will gain the league's automatic bid to the NCAA Championship.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-format.html

Just saw this:"Teams play all 15 members once, as well as a home-and-home series against one "rival" team."Our home and home is Tulsa right? They were really pushing that rivalry. Scheduled during last week in football and our "rival" in basketball.

Just saw this:"Teams play all 15 members once, as well as a home-and-home series against one "rival" team."Our home and home is Tulsa right? They were really pushing that rivalry. Scheduled during last week in football and our "rival" in basketball.

Yes we get Tulsa twice

I feel we will end up finishing somewhere between 5 and 10. Getting the 5 seed would equate to about 10 wins. The 10 seed would be around 8-8 or 7-9. With everything I've seen so far I feel we will finish 8th in this league. We go as our guards go. Our bigs are below average. We only have one guy (Voss) who can stay on the floor. The other guys are very athletic, but not basketball smart. Constantly out of position, bad angles, always reaching, slow on help defense.

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 2

Why? Benford has a long way to go to win over a lot of fans, and he was definitely the wrong hire. However, last year is gone and thus far; this team looks a lot like a typical JJ team. Winning record over a bad pre-season schedule, about .500 in conference with very inconsistent play for the most part. Of course, JJ always peaked the team at the right time in the conference tournament.

I agree it is too early to believe Benford has turned it around, but anyone that has watched this years should know that this team is better than last year. This team is playing hard and appears to be coming together.

I think some rather have Benford look bad, than an improving NT team.

I think some are so desperate to see success that they are too excited about any positive progress.

I said they played the best four minute stretch I've seen this season last night, however 12-20 with the talent we had coming back is not forgotten.