Alabama Birmingham (1/23/14)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I never had any problems.

Very nice win. Things are looking much better now than they did about a month ago.

I'm starting to think the tough recent losses have just been breaking that losing habit (ala football team) this was an impressive win. Should help our RPI considerably. Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Everyone needs to show on Saturday and be there for this team! We have played some very good CUSA teams very well. Charollete should have been a win and other then LA tech and ECU I believe we could win 9 games and pull into the tournament with 20 wins. Hopefully good enough to get at least 1 bye if not 2.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Excellent job. Things seem to be coming together. A couple of thoughts:

We looked deep tonight.

Love watching Colin Voss play. A smart physical presence.

Alzee is playing really really well!

CJ seems to be coming into his own which is huge.

Love the fact Jordan is rebounding so well --- at critical junctures too.

Can someone on the coaching staff tell Gaines to stop the petty fouls at the start of the game EVERYTIME? Our big men can't ever get into any rhythm because they are always in foul trouble. On the plus side Gaines intimidated UAB when he was in there.

We still have a tendency to allow easy threes and part of that is because our big men are always in foul trouble and we are worried about the post.

I liked the effort Flash showed tonight. Just wish he would focus more on rebounding. But it was a very positive step for him tonight.

I would like to see TJ Taylor get the ball more. He seems unstoppable when they are man to man.

Great effort and good game. Excited about Saturday.

Everyone needs to show on Saturday and be there for this team! We have played some very good CUSA teams very well. Charollete should have been a win and other then LA tech and ECU I believe we could win 9 games and pull into the tournament with 20 wins. Hopefully good enough to get at least 1 bye if not 2.

For once, I agree.

I'm gonna go all out the next two days and try to get a big crowd at the Pit. We shall see. Student turnout was incredible, but that's cos they gave away free shirts. The time+opponent+honoring the football team+trophy pics should help the crowd.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Number 11....in the books! Saw...yes saw some very good things tonight including some decent shooting and pretty balanced over several players. Did a darn good job against the nation's best...or one of the best...rebounding teams in the nation. Shut down a couple of their better shooters as well.

Good game...fun to watch...decent student turnout made for a better vibe for me at the game as well.

Team seemed pretty fresh late as well...while UAB was beginning to look a bit "spent". Picked up several fast break points.

Hope to see a good crowd Saturday...that game is going to be an even tougher challenge. Home crowd seemed to help tonight...will need that help Saturday.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Tap the brakes on that.

Yea let's pump the brakes on success.... Said no one ever... This team has improved and the coaching staff is doing a fantastic job with defense. On offense they are moving with a purpose and doing a fantastic job of getting open.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yea let's pump the brakes on success.... Said no one ever... This team has improved and the coaching staff is doing a fantastic job with defense. On offense they are moving with a purpose and doing a fantastic job of getting open.

Definitely looked that way tonight.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Number 11....in the books! Saw...yes saw some very good things tonight including some decent shooting and pretty balanced over several players. Did a darn good job against the nation's best...or one of the best...rebounding teams in the nation. Shut down a couple of their better shooters as well.

Good game...fun to watch...decent student turnout made for a better vibe for me at the game as well.

Team seemed pretty fresh late as well...while UAB was beginning to look a bit "spent". Picked up several fast break points.

Hope to see a good crowd Saturday...that game is going to be an even tougher challenge. Home crowd seemed to help tonight...will need that help Saturday.

Should be a good student turnout! Suit crew is coming back! Favorite chant of the night was either USA or University Almost Bama. Can't decide.

• Upvote 2

Should be a good student turnout! Suit crew is coming back! Favorite chant of the night was either USA or University Almost Bama. Can't decide.

Loved the "University Almost Bama" thing...greatness. This stuff really helps the atmosphere. Appreciate what you are doing to help with student turnout. Need more just like you in the Super Pit supporting these players. They do notice the crowd as confirmed by a player recently....especially the students. The students are their peers, and that's important to have their support.