Alabama Birmingham (1/23/14)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I want to say we win this because it is at home but we tend to play better on the road. We need all the fans out. Even the sore losers who disrespect the team and coaches by refusing to show up. Support this team and park it in a seat! 12 more conference games left and we need this one to stay in the hunt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Team that should finish in the upper half of CUSA. They had a solid nonconference run including wins against Nebraska and a very down North Carolina this year. They're 1-2 in conference so they aren't particularly standing out, but the two losses were to two of the top 5 teams in CUSA IMO (MTSU and UTEP).

They have one of the best guards in the conference in combo guard Corey Frazier. 5th in CUSA in both scoring and assists. Very dangerous player. Other stud is CJ Washington; a 6'8" combo forward who can score inside and out.

Should also be a good challenge on the boards. They have some very good rebounders including guards and good height. Good team but winnable game, especially at home.

Team that should finish in the upper half of CUSA. They had a solid nonconference run including wins against Nebraska and a very down North Carolina this year. They're 1-2 in conference so they aren't particularly standing out, but the two losses were to two of the top 5 teams in CUSA IMO (MTSU and UTEP).

They have one of the best guards in the conference in combo guard Corey Frazier. 5th in CUSA in both scoring and assists. Very dangerous player. Other stud is CJ Washington; a 6'8" combo forward who can score inside and out.

Should also be a good challenge on the boards. They have some very good rebounders including guards and good height. Good team but winnable game, especially at home.

So you were there for Benfords scouting report ;)

I'd give them the slight edge over us.

1. We dont play well at home

2. They are going to win on the offensive glass and get easy put backs

3. Their defense is slightly better than our offense

We can win if:

1. We take care of the ball. UAB is not great at turning people over

2. We win the REB battle

3. Get to the foul line. UAB is one of the best in the country at not putting people on the line. UNT needs to attack and quit with the passive stuff.

I'd give them the slight edge over us.

1. We dont play well at home

2. They are going to win on the offensive glass and get easy put backs

3. Their defense is slightly better than our offense

We can win if:

1. We take care of the ball. UAB is not great at turning people over

2. We win the REB battle

3. Get to the foul line. UAB is one of the best in the country at not putting people on the line. UNT needs to attack and quit with the passive stuff.

The battle on the boards is going to be huge! We need Gaines and Colman to step up big. Just like we needed them against Tulane. Voss will show up. I just hope another big post player does. That will give is a chance for sure.

The battle on the boards is going to be huge! We need Gaines and Colman to step up big. Just like we needed them against Tulane. Voss will show up. I just hope another big post player does. That will give is a chance for sure.

It have to correct this because it irks me to no end.

It's Coleman. He as an 'E' in his last name.

• Upvote 1

hey, guys...

i'm feeling good about this one...

it's Alabama-Birmingham... not the REAL powerhouse of the state... Alabama-HUNTSVILLE

I think we only lose this one by 3... moral victories for everyone!

You going to be in attendance?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I really want to see us start CJ, TJ, Jordan, Voss, and Armani (only for the tip and then pull him in a minute or two). Alzee is the 6th man. Coleman and Gaines in and out of the post when needed. Same goes for Walton and Vaughn's. When needed. Mo can come in at the 3 or 4 if needed. I want to see a heavy does of the starters, Alzee and Gaines. Every starter (minus Armani) should get 35 minutes a night!

I hope no one is expecting any miracles. If we win that's great but I feel UAB's conference record is deceiving thus we shouldn't be penciling this in as a win.

I haven't been penciling in any of the games as wins before they are played. And, neither have I for several AFTER they were played! :-)

• Upvote 1