2-deep to be released later today

BillySee58

Shootout to my high school teammate, intramural teammate, and the center who took over for me after I graduated being the starting deep snapper. Watch out for those Arlington Martin walkons.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thhink for a moment how incredible it is that Andrew McNulty is the #1 QB at a FBS school...not saying he shouldn't be the number one QB with what we have currently on the roster, but how amazing it is that out of all the candidates for that position, he is the clear choice as the best QB option in our coaches' eyes.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2

Surprised/disappointed that T.J.T. has not moved up the depth chart at DT. Anyone that has been to practice have any comments?

Try not to read too much into spring. Some guys play better when the lights are on

Awesome, so the same 2 guys at the top of the depth chart for the start of last season (who combined to go 15 of 34 for 123 yards passing, with 4 picks, 5 sacks, and 0 tds while rushing 9 times for -52 on the ground through the first 2 games) are again at the top of our depth chart. Even stripping out the Texas game they went 12-17 for 108 yards passing, had 1 sack and rushed twice for -15 against the first team on our 2015 schedule (and that was a home game).

Future is so bright, I gotta..... :cool0008:

• Downvote 1

You guys don't forget while you're making your assumptions to take into consideration that injuries have played a part in this depth chart.

You're very right SSP. Kudos to Andy Flusche but I'm sure Tillman Johnson will be the starter come fall.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i believe McCarney uses these lineups more as a motivational tool than an identification of the anticipated starters when it counts.

I think you need to look at the 2014 Spring 2 deep vs the 2014 starting lineup vs UT. Leave out the Spring injury factor, and they are almost identical. Except for QB.

And that gives a very very very slight glimmer of hope.

• Downvote 5

I think you need to look at the 2014 Spring 2 deep vs the 2014 starting lineup vs UT. Leave out the Spring injury factor, and they are almost identical. Except for QB.

And that gives a very very very slight glimmer of hope.

Well, I count 6 different, ignoring the injury factor: QB, RB, 2de, dt, and S. That is just counting the 22 starters not special teams, and also not counting multiple positions that listed more than one starter if either started at UT. So there were 16 that were the same but that included 5 on the offensive line that no one thought would change, also entrenched starters in Akunne, Lee and Buyers.

I misstated my thoughts, however because I think most of the line up game playing is done at the back up or second team positions.

• Upvote 1

What's John's status SSP? Hope his recovery is going well.

He's still recovering.

It was one of the worst low ankle sprains they said that they had ever seen. He's back but not 100%.

It will probably bother him for months. His mobility is obviously hindered with the amount of tape they use. Lol

We have video of how it happened. I'll show you Saturday!

MORE INJURIES OCCUR playing half speed than full speed.!!! ( Necessary evil, but sucks.

He'll be playing in moderation with the 3's at the scrimmage.

If I counted correctly, there are 10 Xfer/Juco players on our 2 deep. Potentially more after Fall practice.

2012 was a depth killing class that really left Mac with no other choice than to go heavy on Xfer's/Juco's.

Well, I have to say that the announcement of the top 2 at qb kind of sucked the air of the room. I hope that something actually clicked for those guys that I can't remember seeing in either of them in any game last year (and I attended all the home games). I guess this could go some way to explain the emphasis on the short passing game that has been mentioned.

Well, I have to say that the announcement of the top 2 at qb kind of sucked the air of the room. I hope that something actually clicked for those guys that I can't remember seeing in either of them in any game last year (and I attended all the home games). I guess this could go some way to explain the emphasis on the short passing game that has been mentioned.

They couldn't put a player on the 2 deep without even having him in spring ball. D. Smith will push for the starting job in the fall and I am certain of that. If the staff thinks McNulty is the better QB going into Dallas then that's on them. Mac could be putting his head on a platter with that decision and I'm sure he knows that. Let's enjoy the development of other players in the spring game and hope it's an injury free game. Fall camp will take care of itself.

This negative stuff about McNulty is very similar to Thompson, hope it turns out the same way.

We would all, coaches more than anyone, like to have better QB play; but you can't wish someone into being better. It is to McNulty's credit that he is apparently way ahead in the QB race.

• Upvote 5

I'm reserving my opinion on McNulty until Spring Game. I still think that he would excel in a more up-tempo quick snap modern offense, and from all accounts they're moving to a more modern offense. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Downvote 1