“Let’s Analyze What’s been Working for Us”

Mean_Green09

All the talk this past week has been about what the defense accomplished last Thursday night, but what about the offense? Well the offense didnt put up great numbers, but still accomplished enough to help out with the win.

We decided to go back and look at every offensive play that we thought was successful and break it down for yall. Here is the definition of a successful play in our book.

• Any play resulting in a touchdown
  • Any play resulting in a first down
  • Any pass play 5 yards or greater
  • Any run play 4 yards or greater

Get the results and read more here : Successful Plays

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Awesome, great work as always! That 3 back set is very explosive and defenses don't really know what to anticipate when we go to that formation. Would like to see us run a triple option out of that set from time to time. Or use that formation combined with a wildcat type of formation where Brelan takes the snap...hope Coach Canales can give it a whirl if we get up a few scores on UTEP...or save it for a time when we might really need something.

I still don't think we have seen the best game from our offense. Hopefully we get it when we need it the most!

Awesome, great work as always! That 3 back set is very explosive and defenses don't really know what to anticipate when we go to that formation. Would like to see us run a triple option out of that set from time to time. Or use that formation combined with a wildcat type of formation where Brelan takes the snap...hope Coach Canales can give it a whirl if we get up a few scores on UTEP...or save it for a time when we might really need something.

I still don't think we have seen the best game from our offense. Hopefully we get it when we need it the most!

I like the idea of option out of that formation where Jimmerson is the dive back QB is reading DE and then Rollins is the pitchman, Byrd becomes the blocker. Only problem is DT is not the guy I want running the option. He doesn't need to take unnecessary shots.

Thank you for all of your analyses. If I were to even try to begin doing something like that, I would give up immediately with a headache. You sir, are a gifted human being.

You Sir are welcome. I do get headaches at times. My wife says that it has practically become my second job.

• Upvote 1

True...maybe we can catch the Horns off guard with some of that next year with Dajon running it.

Yeah, I hate to look ahead, but I do believe that the offense next year will be a different animal. I certainly think it will be more explosive and fun to watch.

Nice work.

Nice analysis. I agree with your concerns about our offense. Before the Rice game, I thought we needed at least 400 yards of offense to beat Rice. Our offense has to get better for us win the last 3 games- I think UTSA and Tulsa will surprise us.

Nice work.

Nice analysis. I agree with your concerns about our offense. Before the Rice game, I thought we needed at least 400 yards of offense to beat Rice. Our offense has to get better for us win the last 3 games- I think UTSA and Tulsa will surprise us.

Yup offense needs to pick up if they want to win out. The talent is there to do it. We have seen it at times this year be very explosive and multi dimensional. I don't mind that we hold back at times, I think that is just the nature of playing to your strengths. This year its about the great defense being our strength.

All the talk this past week has been about what the defense accomplished last Thursday night, but what about the offense? Well the offense didn’t put up great numbers, but still accomplished enough to help out with the win.

We decided to go back and look at every offensive play that we thought was successful and break it down for y’all. Here is the definition of a successful play in our book.

• Any play resulting in a touchdown
  • Any play resulting in a first down
  • Any pass play 5 yards or greater
  • Any run play 4 yards or greater

Get the results and read more here : Successful Plays

This post has been promoted to an article

Good stuff!