TMacs Lone Star Top 10

GreenBat

So SMU & Rice are 11 &12......

I think Rice would beat UTEP & Texas State

That is what you get when you have so many losses. Mix in a bad loss against ODU and you are in trouble. Exactly the reason we can't fill our schedule against teams where we are outmatched the way Rice and SMU have. If you don't win, people eventually don't care who you played.

Edited by greenit

That is what you get when you have so many losses. Exactly the reason we can't fill our schedule against teams where we are outmatched the way Rice and SMU have. If you don't win, people eventually don't care who you played.

We only play such teams on the road.

No wonder we are 1- 5 million against ranked teams.

Rice struggled to beat a terrible USM. They aren't good. SMU is one of the bottom 5 teams in FBS.

Kinda pickin and choosin with your examples, aren't you?

And we play at Iowa and Tennessee next year, so are we really so different?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We only play such teams on the road.

No wonder we are 1- 5 million against ranked teams.

Rice struggled to beat a terrible USM. They aren't good. SMU is one of the bottom 5 teams in FBS.

Kinda pickin and choosin with your examples, aren't you?

And we play at Iowa and Tennessee next year, so are we really so different?

I agree that 1 P5 paycheck game a year should be enough to pay the bills. Anything more puts your team in a bad spot. The Two P5 games next year is a head scratcher, but we are not the only CUSA team that will play 2 P5 road games (for example look at LaTech this year and next). I hope it doesn't happen again (still holding out hope that we are actually trying to move one of the games next year). The players want to play a game at some of the big venues. I get that. No problem. I could see where it would be a recruiting disadvantage if we don't show recruits how they will get an opportunity to play at some of the large venues each year. A necessary means to an end. By virtue of doing so, you pretty much guarantee the need to for a FCS game at home or go with the previously discussed alternating year of 5 home games if you sign 3 H/H series in addition to the paycheck game.

I hope we continue to bring in an FCS team the next several years. We don't have anything on the schedule other than Army/SMU beginning in 2018. It will be interesting to see if we are at a point to schedule 4 H/H OOC series each year or if we have to continue the paycheck game. A lot might depend on how the conference TV negotiations go.

• Upvote 1

Well you will get your FCS game next year. As the only OOC home game on the 5 home game schedule.

And unless we are bumping Iowa (Tennessee has already been bumped multiple times and must be played, from what I gather) to 2018, this can't be done without causing yet another 5 game home schedule. Not to mention it's WAY late in the college football scheduling game to be moving a 2015 game.

We have no flexibility.

Edited by UNT90