Damn it's quiet in here

Harry

It used to be much more active, even during football season. The Pit used to loud. We used to win games against D2 schools. We used to have players here for four years.

Shhh, the giant is still sleeping

Well, yes. I guess what I was saying is since we're kinda down right now, and football is doing well, it's natural.

I'll probably bring the kids to a game at some point in GA seats. They like walking the concourse and collecting all the free swag from student housing and whatnot. I gotta be careful though. The last time we went, my 12-year-old kid damn near signed all of her plasma away to some outfit called BioSomethingorOther. But hey! Free cup!

That is what trips to the pit are for, right? Free cups and koozies?

I do think it's really funny that the yellowjackets are exponentially more aggressive in the pit than they are even in modern day Apogee. Come God, Hell, or High Water, they're gonna make damn sure that no television camera ever captures a soul in that arena because baseline to baseline will be reserved for the throngs of...well, nobody at all.

It'll be a lot more active in March when Benford is fired.

I'll give you $700,000 reasons he won't get fired after this season. After the 2016 season is when his buyout will be enough to be acceptable to the BOR...not a moment before. Benford = Trilli = Todd Dodge = Fired after 4 seasons, with one year left on the contract to buyout.

I'll give you $700,000 reasons he won't get fired after this season. After the 2016 season is when his buyout will be enough to be acceptable to the BOR...not a moment before. Benford = Trilli = Todd Dodge = Fired after 4 seasons, with one year left on the contract to buyout.

Exactly correct. RV will give winning lip service, and nothing more. He knows Benford is a problem, but knows he has to keep him 2 more seasons.

So sad.

Exactly correct. RV will give winning lip service, and nothing more. He knows Benford is a problem, but knows he has to keep him 2 more seasons.

So sad.

I felt so bad for Tasty earlier this year when he was convinced that Benford would get fired. It was just obvious that there wasn't a chance we would buy him out with three years left on the contract. When it came down that Benford would be staying, as we knew he would, poor Tasty's zest for all things UNT basketball went down the drain. One of, if not the biggest, UNT basketball fans we have ever seen on this board, now cannot even be bothered to come up to watch a game unless there is literally nothing above breathing left for him to do on a weekend.

So sad.

This is up for debate, sadly.

He could just be giving the guy every chance to succeed by letting him bring in some shady dudes as GAs & such, putting not only our basketball team at risk, but our athletics PROGRAM as a whole in jeopardy... something he could easily squash, if he wanted to.

And how 'bout the slow trickle from the AD around the character of the players who are leaving? That's not something that would come out unless you actually support the guy, right?

I felt so bad for Tasty earlier this year when he was convinced that Benford would get fired. It was just obvious that there wasn't a chance we would buy him out with three years left on the contract. When it came down that Benford would be staying, as we knew he would, poor Tasty's zest for all things UNT basketball went down the drain. One of, if not the biggest, UNT basketball fans we have ever seen on this board, now cannot even be bothered to come up to watch a game unless there is literally nothing above breathing left for him to do on a weekend.

CMJ also posts like he's been repeatedly kicked in the nuts too... and I would put him at the top of the GMG.com basketball fandom.

CMJ also posts like he's been repeatedly kicked in the nuts too... and I would put him at the top of the GMG.com basketball fandom.

I'd say any of a number of us, from GrandGreen to CBL could be listed in the top spot...and many/most of us don't post much anymore. I am sure it'll pick up some once the season rolls around, but yeah.

• Upvote 1

I felt so bad for Tasty earlier this year when he was convinced that Benford would get fired.

I wasn't convinced that he *would*... I just wasn't totally sure at that point that he *wouldn't*. And comparing our situation to our current conference peers (WKU, Charlotte, ODU, and UAB) who actually give a shit about a viable basketball program and were in similar situations within the past 5 years or less... I thought we might follow their lead and make an expensive but necessary change.

We didn't. And I think that has everything to do with why it's so quiet in here lately.

I wasn't convinced that he *would*... I just wasn't totally sure at that point that he *wouldn't*. And comparing our situation to our current conference peers (WKU, Charlotte, ODU, and UAB) who actually give a shit about a viable basketball program and were in similar situations within the past 5 years or less... I thought we might follow their lead and make an expensive but necessary change.

We didn't. And I think that has everything to do with why it's so quiet in here lately.

I should have used the word should instead of would for you, but the point remains that by not doing what we should have, it cost us a lot of strong support. And I don't blame you or anyone else for feeling the same way I do--that we pissed this whole thing away and there isn't anyone who has to pay the price for it.

• Upvote 1