UNT off week notes, video (Dajon Video)

Harry

You are kidding, right? All writing has tone.

http://grammar.about.com/od/rs/g/toneterm.htm

I guess your response is indicative of why you are not good at it.

Gotta love the passive/aggresive shot at the end.

I think you, and many others, apply your own tone to what I write. It's more a reflection of you than I, especially when you use a tone arguement to take your own little shot at the end.

Again, if you don't like what I write, use the ignore function.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thankfully the bowl committee's opinion counts instead of yours. It doesn't anger me in the least that you look foolish. Actually makes me happy.

Angers you so little that you call me a name in the same sentence in which you say it doesn't anger you.

Lol.

The Internet is funny.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

People that don't understand their own language are funny. Had I called you a "fool" then I would have been calling you a name. Saying that you "look foolish" means that your actions/words have caused others to look upon you as a fool is a description of said actions or words.

I am happy to call you a nasty name, if that is what you need. Get back to me on that.

Parse much?

And exactly when did this Internet infatuation begin for you, young man.

• Downvote 3

I think you, and many others, apply your own tone to what I write. It's more a reflection of you than I, especially when you use a tone arguement to take your own little shot at the end.

Just an observation, then I'll hang up and listen:

Isn't the bolded above the same mechanism you use in just about every post between you and any "liberal" in the cage fighting thread?

What is passive aggressive about it? The fact that you don't understand writing tone means that you aren't going to be good at it. Just an observation. I don't apply any tone that you don't apply yourself, and many others have come to the same conclusion. What is the common denominator here?

What is passive aggressive about it? The fact that you don't understand writing tone means that you aren't going to be good at it. Just an observation. I don't apply any tone that you don't apply yourself, and many others have come to the same conclusion. What is the common denominator here?

Well, you don't think I'm an effective writer, and I don't think you are an effective reader.

And I won't even attempt to use the "everyone is on my side" false argument.

Now tell me, with what inflection did I type those 2 sentences?

Well, you don't think I'm an effective writer, and I don't think you are an effective reader.

And I won't even attempt to use the "everyone is on my side" false argument.

Now tell me, with what inflection did I type those 2 sentences?

Did I say that? I said that you aren't good with tone in your writing. It is impossible to type with inflection because inflection and tone are two different things.

Did I say that? I said that you aren't good with tone in your writing. It is impossible to type with inflection because inflection and tone are two different things.

No, what you are really saying is that you don't like the content of my writing, you are just saying it in a really snarky, condescending way.

How about Dajon Williams though? Predicted stat line at Indiana? I say 14-23 217 yds 2 td 1 int. 10 carries for 54 yds.

I think that's pretty close. I'll say 17-29 for 189. 12 carries for 74 2tds passing 1int and a costly fumble at the end which costs us the game(a game that we wouldn't be in if not for DJW)

I think that's pretty close. I'll say 17-29 for 189. 12 carries for 74 2tds passing 1int and a costly fumble at the end which costs us the game

29 pass attempts? That would be sweetness (and no one use that as a nickname please), but does not elicit confidence in our run game.

wait-what-meme-rage-face.jpg