Make the Nicholls game a competition at QB

Harry

Give all 3 one quarter to show what they can do.

Best performer gets 4th quarter and start against IU.

I think we let Dajon have the entire first half to show what he can do with the first team. If he has a good first half he should play the third for more game experience. Greer and McNulty in the 4th

• Upvote 3

I think we let Dajon have the entire first half to show what he can do with the first team. If he has a good first half he should play the third for more game experience. Greer and McNulty in the 4th

If Dajon is playing well he needs the whole game even if it is a blow out. He needs every minute he can get with the first team before heading into IU because he has very little game experience with them.

• Upvote 4

Let's make it a competition between Dajon and the Nicholls State D for 4 quarters.

Unfortunately, the Nicholls State game won't tell us anything about our QB's except can they take a snap and hand off the ball. Based on their season to date, our offense and running backs ought to rule the day with the QB playing a minimal role.Now the Indiana game would be a real test....if we want to get one in prior to a return to conference play.

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately, the Nicholls State game won't tell us anything about our QB's except can they take a snap and hand off the ball. Based on their season to date, our offense and running backs ought to rule the day with the QB playing a minimal role.Now the Indiana game would be a real test....if we want to get one in prior to a return to conference play.

I think that's the point. We know what the running game can do. Flip the script and run 90% pass plays. QB pass reps are needed...

• Upvote 3

Oh no, not me. Get DW some read-option practice. Throw a wrinkle in the zone read with a motioned WR as a 3rd pitch option if DW pulls. Then run PA seam routes off of it. Run some shovel passes, tunnels, jail breaks, bubbles. Roll him out and run a high/low/run option for him. DW gives us a viable option for all of these and they are easy plays. There's not 3-4 reads and an offense like this makes 3rd downs when they come manageable.

No. This is just horrible.

Agree.

If you choose to go with DT, you have to stick with that decision if he performs well (if he doesn't against Nichols St., god help this team).

The problem is, if you go with Greer and he performs ok, it raises false hopes for the rest of the season and delays a change that is going to have to be made.

It seems the only option is to play DW and see where he takes us. Mac may stubbornly, slowly, reluctantly be coming to the same conclusion.

• Upvote 2

In the back of all your heads.... You're all thinking Mac will start Greer and let him suck just little enough in a blowout win that he can tell us he's the best option. Just like SMU.

Admit it.

Yes, and I think that's why there are so many people talking about this and making multiple threads about it. Our fan base is afraid of Greer and our coaches decision making and that's pitiful.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, and I think that's why there are so many people talking about this and making multiple threads about it. Our fan base is afraid of Greer and our coaches decision making and that's pitiful.

But what's the critical thread mass to make them notice your hot takes? 15? 20? Do you write it on a rock and throw it through a window? Is it time to drop a corpse on Smastrek's house with a message carved into it like in Con Air? Have we exhausted all possibilities for a telegram - maybe a singing one backed by our award winning music school?

Look, I appreciate the hustle you've shown in the past, but you've been in a rut since you offered to play QB. It's not that I don't like you or anyone else here - far from it. I'm just passionate about this school and won't let ANYONE rest on their laurels when there is clearly more we can ALL be doing.

PS: Phony kidnapping? Increased Tinder engagement?

• Upvote 3

I have definitely seen enough of Greer this year! Would love nothing more than to see DW take the start this week and get some real game time of run and pass, with more pass, zone read. Give him at least 3 quarters but if it's NT by 30 plus late, ask that he only passes to avoid higher risk of injury or just take him out completely. Then put in mini Mac. If DW does well let the team be run by DW against Indiana.

It doesn't have to be the entire playbook, just give him half the plays and make sure he has those down. We can build on them week to week. It's my guess that the responsibility week to week will get him more focused in practice and etc. My thoughts at least. Definitely done seeing Greer, what a nightmare!