looks like Schilleci will be back as planned

Harry

UNT is off today, but there is always news on the football front. To start with, it looks like backup safety John Schilleci will be back for the Mean Green’s game this week against Nicholls State after some off the field issues resulted in a one-game suspension.

There are a bunch of Conference USA teams in action today. Long story short — the league continue to looks pretty good.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/09/saturday-night-notes-looks-like-schilleci-will-be-back-as-planned.html/

And why is this a big deal, Lee is the starter! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he wasn't hurt and he is back with the team but Lee is definitely the starter and a huge part if this defense, not "Knight Runner" Schilleci!!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

News flash..Believe me if Lee goes down Schilleci isn't going to be the savior of this team!

I don't think so either. And I think this is a non story as well.

But he's really the only one that Lee trusts to go in for him on 1st and 2nd downs when he's hurting. And he is hurting more often than not. And if our defense is going to be playing 3/4 of the game, I consider that role for any position rather important.

If you think that our back ups are insignificant- you are being facetious...?

• Upvote 2

But he's really the only one that Lee trusts to go in for him on 1st and 2nd downs when he's hurting. And he is hurting more often than not. And if our defense is going to be playing 3/4 of the game, I consider that role for any position rather important.

Damn right they're important. And there's hardly been any mention of who will be Dajon's backup.

• Upvote 2

Damn right they're important. And there's hardly been any mention of who will be Dajon's backup.

I understand your point, I guess I need to be a little more clear. Backups are indeed important but at this position, the drop off from 2nd and 3rd string is hardly the edge of the cliff, on this years team.That's what he's trying to say. Edited by GoNTMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I understand your point, I guess I need to be a little more clear. Backups are indeed important but at this position, the drop off from 2nd and 3rd string is hardly the edge of the cliff, on this years team.That's what he's trying to say.

Read my mind yes, thanks for spelling it out

Burning a true freshman qb's redshirt in order to backup a redshirt freshman is a good way to get that kid to transfer out. That's assuming DW gets the job.

I think they will continue to redshirt Means. Hopefully DW gets significant PT and does extremely well the remainder of the season. If not, then I would still like to see a DW and Means battle for the start next spring. No mini or Greer

Edited by MeanGreen01