Game 3 Complaint Thread

shaft

Some guys were in my seats when I finally made it. Scrappy didn't make it up into the stands. Concessions ran out of large North Texas cups and forced me to buy a white coke cup. How in the hell do you run out of UNT cups????!!!!

Edited by Got5onIt

That was the toughest ticket enforcement I have ever seen at Apogee.

I get it with a good crowd... I really do. But when my isle in 105 is 3/4 empty in the 2nd quarter.... let people come fill it in.

I actually left to go sit with them and was initially turned away from sitting below the empty Wingzone....

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

I like to walk along the lower bowl on the way to my seats. Yellowjackets stood two abreast, arms crossed, and shook their heads at me. I glanced down at my ticket, looked at them, pointed at them, laughed heartily, and turned right into the concourse.

The irony, when I got to my actual seats, the kind that you have to get past two ticket checks, an elevator, a greeter, and a doorman, they were occupied.

I laughed again and got some cheesecake, pondering the unique flavor combination of chocolate brownie and blueberry.

• Upvote 2

I like to walk along the lower bowl on the way to my seats. Yellowjackets stood two abreast, arms crossed, and shook their heads at me. I glanced down at my ticket, looked at them, pointed at them, laughed heartily, and turned right into the concourse.

The irony, when I got to my actual seats, the kind that you have to get past two ticket checks, an elevator, a greeter, and a doorman, they were occupied.

I laughed again and got some cheesecake, pondering the unique flavor combination of chocolate brownie and blueberry.

Why laugh at them? They're doing their jobs.

• Upvote 2

OK on the way out, I walked over to the student side to exit. I talked to two policemen and one of them was a young guy who asked it I had too much to drink. I was taken back as I did pay for a 6 dollar beer because I could. I said no and he then replied that he saw me earlier staggering around. Anyway. It made me feel like shit and very uncomfortable around the Denton Police. Anybody? I do not know what to say.

• Upvote 3

Why laugh at them? They're doing their jobs.

I laughed because A) you are correct, and that's totally not a battle I care about picking. B ) I wasn't going to any seats. I was just walking along that path between the upper and lower bowl sections about an hour before kickoff. It's a very strange location of checkpoint to me.

But that's ok. We must all respect the infallible yellowjackets.

Edited by oldguystudent

OK on the way out, I walked over to the student side to exit. I talked to two policemen and one of them was a young guy who asked it I had too much to drink. I was taken back as I did pay for a 6 dollar beer because I could. I said no and he then replied that he saw me earlier staggering around. Anyway. It made me feel like shit and very uncomfortable around the Denton Police. Anybody? I do not know what to say.

The crime he was angling to charge you with is defined in the Texas Penal Code as presenting a danger to yourself or others. Simply state that you present neither and move along.

• Upvote 2

That was the toughest ticket enforcement I have ever seen at Apogee.

By the second half, the ticket enforcers were the only ones not in white uniforms who were stopping anything. The guy wouldn't let me go down and say howdy to the Tasty Greek just after halftime. Eventually, I texted Tasty, and he was able to get to where the ticket enforcer was by some deceptive move that I couldn't see, and we could chat for a moment (didn't want to get too rowdy). My thought, next time the defense gets gassed (or disappointed by the offense, whatever), have that ticket enforcer suit up and send him out long enough to slow the other guys down while he's checking to see if they should be in the lower sections.

Edited by eulessismore

Did you run?

• Upvote 4

I'm in section 104... 2 ladies greeted me as I walked in & asked to see my ticket. I show them & take to 2 steps only to be asked AGAIN by a man standing behind them... He saw the 2 ladies asking for my ticket... This happened to me 3 times

I also don't like the fact that La Tech fans can buy a whole row of tickets behind me. I don't blame them , I'd want those too , but it shows our inability to promote games / sell tickets

Edited by NT03

I'm in section 104... 2 ladies greeted me as I walked in & asked to see my ticket. I show them & take to 2 steps only to be asked AGAIN by a man standing behind them... He saw the 2 ladies asking for my ticket... This happened to me 3 times

I also don't like the fact that La Tech fans can buy a whole row of tickets behind me. I don't blame them , I'd want those too , but it shows our inability to promote games / sell tickets

This was my wife's complaint in section 105 and it was th same thing. Three people stopped and asked her for her ticket. Not once but every single time she went to her seat. I am all for policing the seats because I hate when people pay for a cheap seat and try to come to a lower level but you would think they could remeber a face and not have to ask every time you walk by.