Post-game Thoughts anyone?

coachMULLINS

Disappointed in attendance. Walked over to the student side during the 2nd quarter- the alumni side looked fairly empty. Students are doing their part, alumni need to step it up.

Do most students have kids? Because a lot of alumni do. If a game is schedule early Saturday then a lot of people with kids will have to go to their kids events. I know several who were in that boat, today was the first week of soccer for many kid leagues.

• Upvote 2

I bet Coach Mac gave them a solid chewing. We should have won that game 60-0. Two drives inside the 10 and we come away with FG's and 139yds in penalties. And a lot of dumb penalties at that. You know he won't tolerate that.

After watching the two teams play last week I thought we would win quite easily, but nothing like this. SO GLORIOUS.

And how exciting was it to see Dajon and J. Wilson line up the backfield for the future. Good stuff.

Greer has a LONG way to go, but SMU fans must feel hopeless because all three of the QB's they trotted out there were terrible.

One of those drives inside the 10 was completely on Mac, so if he is going to yell at anyone, he can yell at himself.

Great day for the defense. I would have liked to have seen more pressure on the QB when we only rushed 4, but it's hard to complain when you only give up 6 points.

On a side note , I will have Skladany's child if he stays here for 5 more years. How UCF ever let him go is beyond me....

• Upvote 2

Do most students have kids? Because a lot of alumni do. If a game is schedule early Saturday then a lot of people with kids will have to go to their kids events. I know several who were in that boat, today was the first week of soccer for many kid leagues.

Yes. And first day for fall baseball too

I have a TV question. Who decides to put certain games on TV? I Understand TV dictates start times.....but is the TV exposure more important than attendance? I think a 6pm start would've meant 5K or more in attendance.

We took the game day shuttle from the train station this morning. A couple of TWU co-eds got on the bus dressed in green, and were obviously going to their first game at Apogee. Cool to see them there.

Talked to a couple of SMU alums after the game and they were very complimentary of the MG and said "UNT has got something going. Keep it up."

Student section brought it today. Great to see. The students are really beginning to change the culture.

Bus ride back was great--and plenty of people with ESSC alumni t-shirts stepping off to get their victory pint. Great marketing idea by the Oak Street gang. This type of thing will pay off.

Also, nice job by the AD with the shuttles. Lots of signs and ads in the buses for local supporters, and a cool logo for the bus windows.