Ron Washington Quits

Wow. I can't believe you guys are sad to see him go. He managed the Rangers out of a World Series title against the redbirds.

I actually hope it is substance abuse related, because the only other thing I think could make him leave at this point would be a MAJOR health issue.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Wow. I can't believe you guys are sad to see him go. He managed the Rangers out of a World Series title against the redbirds.

I actually hope it is substance abuse related, because the only other thing I think could make him leave at this point would be a MAJOR health issue.

Never the best in-game manager. The WS was lost by a combination of things and Wash does deserve some of the blame.

Towards mediocrity?

The Rangers are the worst team in baseball. They aren't mediocre.

Beset by injuries, the Rangers have used 40 pitchers among the 63 players to see action this season -- both major league records for a season.

Hard to say that they are bad because of the roster when you have to use 40 pitchers in a season, more than has ever been used in a season before.

• Upvote 1

If Cruz catches the fly ball in game 6, the Rangers win.

Towards mediocrity?

The Rangers are the worst team in baseball. They aren't mediocre.

The injuries are what killed them this season. I don't have a problem with Kinsler for Fielder, and with the Choo signing, but many of Daniels' other moves were pretty "WTF", coupled with the organization getting rid of Nolan, however you want to put it, are what is trending the team in a "not positive" direction. Now that Ron is gone, I have to wonder what will happen with the team. Yeah, he made some odd in game decisions, but a great manager in the grand scheme of things.

If Cruz catches the fly ball in game 6, the Rangers win.

The injuries are what killed them this season. I don't have a problem with Kinsler for Fielder, and with the Choo signing, but many of Daniels' other moves were pretty "WTF", coupled with the organization getting rid of Nolan, however you want to put it, are what is trending the team in a "not positive" direction. Now that Ron is gone, I have to wonder what will happen with the team. Yeah, he made some odd in game decisions, but a great manager in the grand scheme of things.

If Cruz isn't on right field, Gentry catches the ball.

Up 2 in the bottom of the 12th with a chance to win the series. You should have your best defensive lineup on the field.

He didnt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Cruz isn't on right field, Gentry catches the ball.

Up 2 in the bottom of the 12th with a chance to win the series. You should have your best defensive lineup on the field.

He didnt.

That may be, but even your most spare of benchwarmers in the major leagues should be able to catch a fly ball.

• Upvote 3