2014 Beyond the Green Episodes

All About UNT

EPISODE 2:

Silo is awesome, RV likes a little pageantry, some of you are now famous, the awesome Silo co- owner guy who was a DEDICATED taxi flagger was cool, Pegram is a bad ass, our team looked scared, Ybarbo is intimidated, Greer misuses the word "excited", Brelan tries to cheer up McNulty, defense scores, pick 6, walk of shame...... Credits.

Enter UTSA intro.....

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of things:

1) They said Dajon wasn't in Austin with the team. When they're doing the run-through in the parking lot, wasn't he to the left of Canales at the end of that?

2) McNulty's name is spelled wrong on his playbook. Error or some sort of inside joke?

A couple of things:

1) They said Dajon wasn't in Austin with the team. When they're doing the run-through in the parking lot, wasn't he to the left of Canales at the end of that?

They said Dajon didn't travel down with the team, which he didn't (child birth, et al).

He did meet the team that morning at the hotel.

• Upvote 1

this might have been the best episode yet... but the non-linear editing made it a weird one... i don't see why they couldn't have just fed the game narrative into the story about the two boys... the drama of switching to a new QB and still wanting to win the game for these kids would have been amazing...

the first portion of the show was FANTASTIC... it really captured the feel of starting a new QB and hoping he lives up to the hype...

i think narration would have had to have happened if they tried to tie the stories together, and there has to be someone who could have dropped in a bit of story there (is Jub Jub not available for that?)

I thought the piece with Michael and Corbin was awesome. Tearjerker, really.

Love the smile on the faces of those kids, and the interactions the players and coaches had with both. James Jones is a good dude!

And their parents represented well the battle their sons and their families face daily.

I invite you to join me in donating $77 (one dollar for each point NT scored vs. Nicholls) to http://coachtocuremd.org/.

Heck, I am going to round it to $80 and cover Nicholls points also!

GMG

• Upvote 5

Color correction or common white balance between cameras is entry-level though. It's maddening.

What an amazing episode! Love the act with the kids and how the producer was savvy enough not to fall into the trap of strictly telling a linear tale. Well done to let the show build to a wonderful climax! Amazing job of bringing these stories to life without a forced and out of place VO. It takes some real talent to capture and convey a complete story without needing to rely on VO to push the story along. Such wonderful content!

This appears to be a show designed with content in mind - willing to sacrifice a couple meaningless technicalities for the good of the story, so the color grading comment is just Wow! What high Level job in the broadcast industry do you have, Mr Walker?

I didn't think so....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

What an amazing episode! Love the act with the kids and how the producer was savvy enough not to fall into the trap of strictly telling a linear tale. Well done to let the show build to a wonderful climax! Amazing job of bringing these stories to life without a forced and out of place VO. It takes some real talent to capture and convey a complete story without needing to rely on VO to push the story along. Such wonderful content!

This appears to be a show designed with content in mind - willing to sacrifice a couple meaningless technicalities for the good of the story, so the color grading comment is just Wow! What high Level job in the broadcast industry do you have, Mr Walker?

I didn't think so....

This is definitely going to prove a wise decision. Definitely.

What high Level job in the broadcast industry do you have, Mr Walker?

I didn't think so....

High level? I mean, I watched the '96 Olympics from 13th story window in an editing bay from the CNN headquarters in Atlanta. But that was my father's office.

I though have spent various points of the last ten years in broadcast, from tech directing an international telecast to producing weekly content for a community-access channel to manning a 30' jib camera for concerts. My last few years were spent in streaming and those years were awesome.

Hell my first paid gig was as the live CC guy for a five-camera mix at 14 years old because that's how simple and basic that aspect of broadcast is.

I've stated a few times that I absolutely loooooove the content of Beyond The Green, but stuff like mismatched cameras just immediately pulls me out of it and think amateur NTTV action.

Sorry, not sorry.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1