Wednesday night notes (UNT helmet hint?)

Harry

I'm also not a fan of "matte" finish. Matte is such a tricked up term, just call it what it really is, flat. Flat paint is such an incomplete look, IMO. Looks like someone ran out of clearcoat at the factory and decided to pack them anyway. No to unglossed!

• Upvote 3

I'm also not a fan of "matte" finish. Matte is such a tricked up term, just call it what it really is, flat. Flat paint is such an incomplete look, IMO. Looks like someone ran out of clearcoat at the factory and decided to pack them anyway. No to unglossed!

Just calling it what the manufacturers call it.

Interesting Westie I did not know that the matte faded like that. I too liked the matte but I like the glossy look you posted as well.

Not so much faded but worn away and dirtied by the hits. White especially, but dark colors are really noticeable too. When the dark matte helmets get beat up the beat up part looks shiny.

Here's a shot of a kid from Lake Dallas High School last season. They use a flat white helmet along with Argyle and others. And it picks up whatever color rubs off on it from painted logos on the field to the paint on facemasks in this instance. Riddell, Shutt and most of the others who make helmets and facemasks powder coat them nowadays and so that's not just paint that rubbed off onto the helmet.

gallery_35327_191_585856.jpg

Any chance we do something special to our uniforms for the La Tech game? It's a nationally televised Thursday night game on 9/11

Just.... no camo. It never looks good.

And damnit, if we have the gall to be like any of the other losers who willfully violate the U.S. Flag Code....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just.... no camo. It never looks good.

And damnit, if we have the gall to be like any of the other losers who willfully violate the U.S. Flag Code....

Soulmates on this one... Hank Hill's take on Christian rock applies directly to patriotic sports uniforms.

Link to the code and paragraph reference? I've searched for it before, but couldn't find what seemed to be current.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1