Wednesday night notes (UNT helmet hint?)

Harry

I'm probably as impatient as the next guy as we await the kickoff in Austin but via GMG.com podcast #129, RV danced around this topic hinting that Coach Mac wanted to hold news regarding this for the right use in motivating/exciting/rewarding the team. Based on RV's comments, I had assumed it would be a pre-game reveal to the team (or something similar).

If this turns out to be accurate, I hope the team's been told and Mac hasn't been robbed of a unique opportunity to use this. As RV mentioned on the podcast, while we fans get worked up over these things, equipment changes are for the players.

As for my opinion on the helmet, "I like it a lot."

• Upvote 2

If you go back and check, that is what I said we would be wearing this season, but our uniforms will be the same combination as last season. Other helmet designs are possible for some games.

I still think the eagle is too big. I hope they make it a little smaller.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You can blame SilverEagle and I for this one.

Yeah that was pretty funny when we spotted BV at spring practice and we went over there and surrounded him so that he couldn't get away, and then FORCED HIM to listen to our Band talk.

And I guess he has some form of OCD that causes him to compulsively read every word on the board......including all that silly and frivolous Band (and uniform) talk.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Where's that video of the Ohio players going apesh1t over the new uniforms? Yeah, that.

It's fine, I just wish we could have the NT alumni logo somewhere on the unis. Maybe we will get that with baseball.

Remember baseball?

That would be great. But we could start by replacing the single star in our battle flag with the alumni NT-star logo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10