It’s time for a UNT tradition — Get Your Rear on the Record

Harry

There are a few traditions like no others when it comes to UNT football the cannon and Scrappy the mascot come to mind.

Of course there is also our own little tradition here on the blog. Yep, its time for the Get Your Rear on the Record contest.

We usually trot this out there about two weeks before the start of the season.

Here are the ground rules:

Each year we take guesses via e-mail: bvito@dentonrc.com on what UNTs final record will be. We keep a running tally on the blog and then dig them up to see who made the right call at the end of the year.

The exercise was born out of the annoying process of watching people predict that each year would be the big turnaround year for UNT for reasons based on faith and little else. No one would remember at the end of the year or point out who was right and who was wrong when it came to preseason predictions.

The MGB never forgets.

You might be wondering how last years contest turned out. Well, I have the answer.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/08/its-time-for-a-unt-tradition-get-your-rear-on-the-record.html/

I see a slow start with the new QB and strong finish...9-4 with a bowl win

UT - loss

SMU - loss

LaTech - win

Nicholls State - win

Indiana - loss

UAB - win

Southern Miss - win

Rice - win

FAU - loss

UTEP - win

FIU - win

UTSA - win

Bowl game - win

9-4

I see a slow start with the new QB and strong finish...9-4 with a bowl win

UT - loss

SMU - loss

LaTech - win

Nicholls State - win

Indiana - loss

UAB - win

Southern Miss - win

Rice - win

FAU - loss

UTEP - win

FIU - win

UTSA - win

Bowl game - win

9-4

Harry, if it plays out the way you have it, we most likely end up in the CUSA ship.

T-Sips: Loss

smuT: Win

The REAL School of Lousyanna: Win

I-AA Scrub from Lousyanna: Win

Jeff Sagarin's Alma Mater: Loss

Alabama-Deliverence: Win

Jimmy Buffett's Alma Mater: Win, with a Cheesburger

Fat Elvis' Alma Mater: Loss

Carrot Top's Alma Mater: Win

Texas Western: Win, since they're basically part of New Mexico...or is it Juarez?

Nick Amaro's Alma Mater: Win, with no evidence

Runnin' Chickens: Loss

Bowl Game: Win

Overall Record: 9-4

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3-9.

Ok, that was.a joke, but if the QB and DLquestions can't be answered, a very real possibility.

I only see one sure loss on the schedule (UT). I see 3 away games that are going to be difficult to win. So lets say that's 4 losses.

And I see 2 home games that are toss ups (SMU and FAU). So lets say we split these and win the other games that we are "supposed" to win.

That puts us at 7-5.

Which could just as easily be 4-8 or 9-3.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

3-9.

Ok, that was.a joke, but if the QB and DLquestions can't be answered, a very real possibility.

I only see one sure loss on the schedule (UT). I see 3 away games that are going to be difficult to win. So lets say that's 4 losses.

And I see 2 home games that are toss ups (SMU and FAU). So lets say we split these and win the other games that we are "supposed" to win.

That puts us at 7-5.

Which could just as easily be 4-8 or 9-3.

SMU will be a loss. Coach Mac is too hung up on this not being a rivalry even though most of those SMU wins were decades ago and not relevant to modern college football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1