UTA series to return

BillySee58

Starting back up in the 2015-2016. First game back will be at UTA's new arena.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/080814aaa.html

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Arkansas, Oklahoma State, SFA, and Texas Tech is not a bad OC schedule so far. I highly doubt any of the four are at home but it's still not to terrible. I really wish we could find a way to schedule LSU for a home and home.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Arkansas, Oklahoma State, SFA, and Texas Tech is not a bad OC schedule so far. I highly doubt any of the four are at home but it's still not to terrible. I really wish we could find a way to schedule LSU for a home and home.

In talking with Benford during the MGC Appreciation event, there were still one or two OOC games left to finalize before the complete schedule is released. I remember Arkansas was an away game. I'm not sure about OSU and Texas Tech but I think they might be away games as well.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, pretty sure those are all away games. This article by Vito says Tech, Ok State, and Arkansas are all away games. Not sure about SFA, but they came to the pit last year so likely over there this time. Iona and Creighton are supposed to be the marquee home games this year.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/07/notes-and-tidbits-from-the-mean-green-club-event.html/

• Upvote 2

Did the article not say they held a 5-1 advantage since 06? Either the article was edited or I blended what I read with something I was reading on espn... It does not say it anymore so either edited or I blended it with someone else I was reading st the same time for some odd reason.

Coulda saved time and said "I read what I wanted to read"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Should be 2-3 if we had a freakin sideline monitor.

I think that was actually 06/07, because it was the game where Kendrick Davis punched out the glass, and I'm pretty sure he was out with that injury the season we made the tournament under Johnny the first time (2007).

I think that was actually 06/07, because it was the game where Kendrick Davis punched out the glass, and I'm pretty sure he was out with that injury the season we made the tournament under Johnny the first time (2007).

He was out for about 6 weeks. He came back midway through conference season IIRC.

He was out for about 6 weeks. He came back midway through conference season IIRC.

No, I don't mean that he was out for the entire season with that injury... I wrote that out poorly. What I meant was that the season where he missed time with that injury was the one we lost at home to UTA because of no replay, and I thought that was the 07 season.

No, I don't mean that he was out for the entire season with that injury... I wrote that out poorly. What I meant was that the season where he missed time with that injury was the one we lost at home to UTA because of no replay, and I thought that was the 07 season.

it was...the break itself happened 11/15/06...looks like he only missed about a month and a half (I would've sworn it was longer) and was back as a fixture in the line-up right before the new year

I actually think his injury helped the team. Other guys got better when Davis was out. When he came back there were some issues readjusting him into the lineup, but I think overall we were much the better for it.

Calvin Watson had a chance to step up with Davis out and really took off. That still might be my favorite team to come through the Super Pit.

Getting back to the original topic, I think this is great news. We should always play them, every year, no questions asked. When we backed out on them last year, I thought that was something that SMU or TCU would do to us. We need to play the local DFW teams as much as possible--and by DFW teams, this is not to include Northwood, UT-Dallas, Texas Wesleyan, Dallas Baptist, etc...

• Upvote 1