Season Ticket Sales Update

UNTcrazy727

I'm having trouble embedding the tweet (please help if you know how), but Eric Capper tweeted this morning that we're 14 season tickets behind the total sold last season.

Seems kind of disappointing considering the success of last year, but I'm not sure how much they usual sell the last month before the season.

• Upvote 3

it's refreshing to actually "hear" a number, finally.

definitely disappointing. But from what I've been told in the past, we typically have a significant segment of our fans who wait closer 'til the season starts before securing their season tickets.

Maybe Eddie can update us on whether or not the sales team has targeted and sold at least 15 tickets since this tweet..

• Upvote 2

That's 14 behind last years total bought before the Idaho game. We still have a month to go. That being said we will pass that for sure.. I can call all day and get told no but if you all can find me the yes people it would make the process a lot more smoother. I always love referrals :)

Edited by Eddie Delgado
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

How many times have people come on this board and said..... "If only we had a betteir stadium to play in, AND when we start winning, AND when we start going back (and winning) bowl games, our attendance numbers and season ticket numbers will take care of themselves".

CULTURE CHANGE FOLKS....CULTURE CHANGE.

MAC IS CHANGING THE CULTURE OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM, BUT IT IS NOT HIS JOB TO CHANGE THE CULTURE OUTSIDE OF THAT.

• Upvote 4

How many times have people come on this board and said..... "If only we had a betteir stadium to play in, AND when we start winning, AND when we start going back (and winning) bowl games, our attendance numbers and season ticket numbers will take care of themselves".

CULTURE CHANGE FOLKS....CULTURE CHANGE.

MAC IS CHANGING THE CULTURE OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM, BUT IT IS NOT HIS JOB TO CHANGE THE CULTURE OUTSIDE OF THAT.

Yes!

The culture didn't happen overnight or even just a few years - it took decades! Things are clearly improving, but it won't get fixed in a single year or even just two. It's going to take time and a sustained effort.

• Upvote 3

And....I might add, is UNT doing as much as possibly to market the football team? A Winning Season + Bowl Win does not = Free Marketing. I mean it does, but doesn't mean you can take your foot off the marketing pedal. Now is the time that I'd just smother people with marketing. Hell, how much can it cost to do a Marketing Blast via the internet?

• Upvote 2

And....I might add, is UNT doing as much as possibly to market the football team? A Winning Season + Bowl Win does not = Free Marketing. I mean it does, but doesn't mean you can take your foot off the marketing pedal. Now is the time that I'd just smother people with marketing. Hell, how much can it cost to do a Marketing Blast via the internet?

about 5 cents a click for remarketing ads that you would ensure the person had to at least been to MeanGreenSports.com and even moreso....can target only those that have been to http://www.meangreensports.com/tickets/ but have not "checked out" or purchased tickets. That would be a good start.

I know it's redundant to this board, but a couple football billboards that doesn't read 'above the rest for thous..' would be good on 35W and E. I called in regards to one that was vacant on 35w that was $500 a month. Marketing athletics at North Texas is pathetic. It's frustrating.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Isn't this a perfect opportunity for the Mean Green Club, Alumni and Boosters to take it upon themselves and maybe Pay for the Billboard?? If not then atleast inquire with the AD about how and where their dues, memberships and donations are going and why isn't any going towards marketing the team....i.e Billboards???

• Upvote 1

I know it's redundant to this board, but a couple football billboards that doesn't read 'above the rest for thous..' would be good on 35W and E. I called in regards to one that was vacant on 35w that was $500 a month. Marketing athletics at North Texas is pathetic. It's frustrating.

I hate those billboards with a passion.

• Upvote 1

I'm one of the jerky that goes to every game but doesn't have season tickets. I'll be there y'all. (Sometimes I bring many, sometimes just myself)

You're not a jerk...but get me a beer and get some season tickets....worth it!

For those complaining about the "Above the Rest for Thousands Less" billboards...

They are advertising a new program Dr. Smatresk put in that worked very well for him at UNLV. The Eagle Express plan ensures $4000 back in your pocket if you graduate on time.

It's new, so you need to get the word out about it.

http://eagleexpress.unt.edu/

• Upvote 2

This should sell itself. If you are a football fan, a graduate of UNT, and live in the DFW area...why wouldn't you want to be a season ticket holder? It's ridiculously cost effective, this team is full of character guys and we have a coach and staff that I would take over all other staffs in the nation. Also, a state of the art stadium where you can now buy beer.

Unfortunately, a majority of people I know from my days at UNT still aren't on board. Time will tell if they come this year, but it just leads me to believe they are not quite the "football fans" they claim to be. Just seems that all you have to do is pay a little bit of attention to what is going on at this program and you will be pumped up, but, maybe it's just us...