Is NT recruiting improving

We go over this Every. Single. Year.

Recruit ranking do matter:

CBS: Recruiting by the numbers: Why the sites get the rankings right

I know, as a school that does not pull in the high star recruits, that we like to over look this evidence, but the numbers don't lie. Despite the fact that they are getting a new coach, they are under going a lot of turmoil, and that they are having people dismissed right left and center, UT will be heavily favored (24+) because for years they have recruited 3's, 4's and 5's why we have mainly recruited 3's and 2's.

HOWEVER!

Let's remember that Mac is doing something we have never really done here recently. Recruiting juniors. Some of these kids won't be graded seriously until their senior year. No doubt some of these players will become 3's and if we keep our fingers crossed maybe even a 4.

Mac's recruited a DaMN 100 (Goree) , the first we have had since JaMario. If Mac can just get a few winning seasons strung together the recruiting will just get better and better. I really see a chance for us to expect 3's, and hope for 4's and heaven forbid maybe a 5 every few years.

Riley Dodge

• Upvote 2

I don't buy the view that any G5 school with a website affiliated with a raters network as that big of advantage. They may have more luck with getting favorable re-evaluations but most player ratings are not changed.

Not what I said.

If you have a subscription-driven school-specific site, there's incentive for that school's targets to get seen more than if there is no subscription-driven school-specific site. That doesn't mean they'll get favorable evaluations or favorable re-evaluations; it means they'll have a better chance of getting legitimately evaluated in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I admit I don't know jack diddly about recruiting, but thanks to all of you that do for posting. It sure makes the off season entertaining, wondering who's gonna being wearing green in the coming years.

I honestly can't see how some of y'all can keep up with all of these kids. Brett, you're not included, seeing how that's your job. :)

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, sure beats the hell outta uniform talk.

Edited by GangGreen
  • Upvote 3

It should be noted that all five of our commits on Rivals have 5.4 ratings, meaning they are 0.1 away from being a three star on their ratings system.

If those same players committed to BCS schools, no doubt they would have been rated three stars.

Rating systems are as much about who offers them and who they commit to as much as the players' talents.

• Upvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

It should be noted that all five of our commits on Rivals have 5.4 ratings, meaning they are 0.1 away from being a three star on their ratings system.

If those same players committed to BCS schools, no doubt they would have been rated three stars.

Rating systems are as much about who offers them and who they commit to as much as the players' talents.

OK.

Yes, I understand that the number of subscribers can affect ratings, the camps that the recruit attended, etc. but what galls me even more is that some recruits who achieved high post-season honors and/or hold 1, 2, up to 7 offers and an equal number of interests aren't even rated. To me, that's the ultimate slap-in-the-face.

• Upvote 1

Agree with you. Seen it first hand.