2014 GMG.com UNT Player Adoption List

Harry

We do this every year and we ask everyone to select a player on the UNT roster and "adopt" that player for the season. You basically keep an eye on that player and his stats and keep the board updated when he has a good game, makes a great play etc...it doesn't have to be starters, it could be a red shirt freshman that you think will make his mark this season or maybe even a punter or kicker. Heck even a true freshman or recent transfer could be someone's choice. Here's a link from last years list:

Click here for a roster link to all of the 2014 UNT players.

This year, and for the second year in a row I am going to pick my favorite linebacker Derek Akunne!!

9164619.jpeg

He is just a great player and person. I cannot wait to watch him take the field this season as well as take on a primary leadership role for the defense and entire team. GMG!

Our O-line is stacked.

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. This may be the deepest and most talented offensive line I have ever seen here since following the program. I would love to see some of the battles this Fall camp. You have guys like Sam Rice that has to sit out this season but could start next season. Denucci coming in. Simmonds has done a phenomenal job.

Here's another factoid -- we now have 7 o-lineman at 6-5 height and 5 at 6-4. Now if someday we could say that about our d-line!

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. This may be the deepest and most talented offensive line I have ever seen here since following the program. I would love to see some of the battles this Fall camp. You have guys like Sam Rice that has to sit out this season but could start next season. Denucci coming in. Simmonds has done a phenomenal job.

Here's another factoid -- we now have 7 o-lineman at 6-5 height and 5 at 6-4.

People have been killing Mac for his recruitment on DL problem is those guys that are 6'2-6'5 on DL are taken before we even have a chance. We have legitimate 2 deep and IMO in a few spots 3 deep D1 caliber OL size and strength. Those TEXAS DL better eat their wheaties because we are fixing to punch them in the mouth about 45-50 times come the 30th.

• Upvote 1

Here's another factoid -- we now have 7 o-lineman at 6-5 height and 5 at 6-4. Now if someday we could say that about our d-line!

Is there any chance that we might convert one of those guys to the DL?

• Upvote 1

So CBL, deep green, Htowngreen, Christopher Walker, and drex adopted players that quit or were injured. Should they be allowed to pick?

I take walk-on wide receivers. I hit on Delgado and Smith...missed on Brady Brown.

Kyle Jaskulske, go make me proud.

10196050.jpeg

• Upvote 2