Friday Night Lights Camp (7/25/14)

So far we've extended very fews offers in July. The evaluating period isn't over (Tee Goree and O'Keeron Rutherford were among a few of our signees who were not offered yet at this point last year), but the coaches have identified their targets and likely are zoning in on a select number of guys.

Wanted to start a thread on the Friday night lights camp (and any other camps that week of Friday July 25th) in order to see who is going to be there.

That time last year we saw Fonzale Davis and Connor Means commit during the camp and Brandon Garner, Jalen Montgomery, Kishawn McClain, and Chris Miles commit shortly after in the next week or two. Hopefully we see the camp give our class a big boost like last year.

Friday Night Light expected attendees:

- WR D'erren Wilson

- DE/DT Dustin Mcwhorter

- OL Joseph Gonzales

- ATH Davion Freeman

- OL Abdul Beecham (committed 7/25/14)

- JUCO WR Jarvis Baxter

- LB Anthony Hines (2017)

- OL Creighton Barr

- OL Evan Curl

- WR Jerminic Smith

- DB Ashton Preston (commit)

- DE Myles Cheatum

Edited by BillySee58

Billy, is this an open to public type camp?

The Friday Night Lights Camp on that Friday is open and it was a $40 registration fee for players last year. I'm fairly certain that there was another camp date, either the Thursday (day before) or Saturday (day after) which was private and invite only. Imagine we'll see something similar this year.

Meant for some bum like me to go watch. Lol

Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear. The camps that are open to any high school athlete are also open to the public, I believe. The invite-only camps are, I believe, closed to the public. Harry was at last year's Friday Night Lights camp.

Yeah, sorry I wasn't very clear. The camps that are open to any high school athlete are also open to the public, I believe. The invite-only camps are, I believe, closed to the public. Harry was at last year's Friday Night Lights camp.

But Harry is a legend...

I mean member of the media.

I like that North Texas is not having this July 18, when schools such as Texas, Baylor, and LSU are also having events.

Not because North Texas is gonna get the elite guys who will be at those schools; because there are solid FBS-caliber players who aren't gonna get offers from the high-major schools who don't understand that and will be at those camps, anyway.

• Upvote 2

Billy is right, the day of the event last year was pretty wide open and so if you have a kid playing high school ball you can probably get them in if you reach out to UNT and register. My understanding is they had sort of a VIP event the night before where some of the elite prospects were participating. The event last year broke all sorts of attendance records and they usually have a special guest speaker - ie Drew Pearson of the Dallas Cowboys who gives a motivational speech prior to the start.

Billy is right, the day of the event last year was pretty wide open and so if you have a kid playing high school ball you can probably get them in if you reach out to UNT and register. My understanding is they had sort of a VIP event the night before where some of the elite prospects were participating. The event last year broke all sorts of attendance records and they usually have a special guest speaker - ie Drew Pearson of the Dallas Cowboys who gives a motivational speech prior to the start.

If you know who the guest speaker is, let me know please (even if by PM or text). Trying to get a kid to go to this.

JUCO WR Jarvis Baxter. May not be here for the camp (high school players only I believe). But will be here for a visit and I'd imagine he's on commit watch, as well as most guys coming this weekend.

Roman Jr is said to have a UNT offer

Son of former NFL DB Mark Roman

• Upvote 1