UTSA

meangreen15

I consider Bleacher Report to be a garbage source, but I had a UTSA fan send me this today. I hate how they have garnered enough respect to be considered in this at all (even though it is Bleacher Report). This season is an important for us. We need to capitalize off of last seasons success and contend for the Conference Title, or I'm afraid we could lose some serious footing in the recruiting game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2103158-predicting-the-top-25-college-football-programs-of-the-next-10-years/page/3

Beat Texas

GMG

If UTSA becomes a perennial top 25 program, that's good for us.The better our conference mates do, the better for us. We just need to keep doing what we're doing and join them as a top 25 program. Think about it, if La Tech and USM return to form, Marshall stays good, and we and UTSA keep improving, CUSA could be a heck of a conference.

If UTSA does well and ends up leaving us behind for the Big XII, that would be bad for us, but I don't see that happening.

• Upvote 4

I consider Bleacher Report to be a garbage source, but I had a UTSA fan send me this today. I hate how they have garnered enough respect to be considered in this at all (even though it is Bleacher Report). This season is an important for us. We need to capitalize off of last seasons success and contend for the Conference Title, or I'm afraid we could lose some serious footing in the recruiting game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2103158-predicting-the-top-25-college-football-programs-of-the-next-10-years/page/3

Beat Texas

GMG

This year might be important for North Texas but UTSA will graduate a huge class (37?) this year and so the 2015 season will be important for the Runners, at least in my eyes.

• Upvote 5

If UTSA becomes a perennial top 25 program, that's good for us.The better our conference mates do, the better for us. We just need to keep doing what we're doing and join them as a top 25 program. Think about it, if La Tech and USM return to form, Marshall stays good, and we and UTSA keep improving, CUSA could be a heck of a conference.

If UTSA does well and ends up leaving us behind for the Big XII, that would be bad for us, but I don't see that happening.

If utsa moves to P5 status and we are still on the outside I am done.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

You do realize that the 2 paragraphs in this post are completely contradictory, correct?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

You do realize that the 2 paragraphs in this post are completely contradictory, correct?

No, they're not. The 2 paragraphs could be summed up, "It's good for us if UTSA does well, as long as they remain in our conference."

Personally, I really couldn't care less how UTSA does, but it's a fair point.

All you need to know is this. That same "article" predicts UTSA to be better over the next ten years than these programs. The University of Phoenix is a cute story about the little JUCO that could. Within 5 years they'll fall down to where they belong.

• Arizona State
  • Boise State
  • Central Florida
  • Michigan
  • Missouri
  • Nebraska
  • Oklahoma State
  • South Carolina

Roadrunner fans understand that Bleacher Report is far from the most reliable/accurate source for sports information but a person can't help but be flattered to have good things said about them.

What are you talking about? Bleacher Report is the most accurate sports outlets outside of Bob Costas. Wait, if forgot, Bob doesn't talk about sports anymore. But yes, it's always nice to have someone say something nice instead of the usual crapping on that most writers give Conference USA.

Side bar, have y'all noticed Bob Costas looks oddly like Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker when he wears his black on black suits in cold weather? Take off one glove and it's a perfect match.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3

We just need to worry about ourselves and we have a head coach who knows how to do that. What's good for our conference is good for us. Especially when we are bowl eligible every year. So...

Keep calm and

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2

What are you talking about? Bleacher Report is the most accurate sports outlets outside of Bob Costas. Wait, if forgot, Bob doesn't talk about sports anymore. But yes, it's always nice to have someone say something nice instead of the usual crapping on that most writers give Conference USA.

Side bar, have y'all noticed Bob Costas looks oddly like Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker when he wears his black on black suits in cold weather? Take off one glove and it's a perfect match.

Stunt double for the upcoming movie?

• 2 weeks later...

Stumbled upon an article stating that UTSA has signed an 8 year agreement to start playing TSU again. It should be a good series for both schools. I know we have discussed the potential of adding TSU to our schedule. I would like to see us sign a 2 to 4 game series with TSU, once we have to ability to do so (at least a few years out), to get a feel for what type of interest it generates out of both fan bases.

Back on point, I thought it was interesting to see UTSA sign a long term agreement with TSU after they appeared to be content with ending the series. Somewhat similar situation with us and smu.

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 1

Stumbled upon an article stating that UTSA has signed an 8 year agreement to start playing TSU again. It should be a good series for both schools. I know we have discussed the potential of adding TSU to our schedule. I would like to see us sign a 2 to 4 game series with TSU, once we have to ability to do so (at least a few years out), to get a feel for what type of interest it generates out of both fan bases.

Back on point, I thought it was interesting to see UTSA sign a long term agreement with TSU after they appeared to be content with ending the series. Somewhat similar situation with us and smu.

To me the TSU series is a no brainier, the are an hour apart so it helps fill the stands for both sides. I agree, TSU is a UTSA rival similar to SMU for us.

By TSU do you all mean the system by that name or the San Marcos wannabe who attempts to use the name of the system rather than it's correct name TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY@ SAN MARCOS? Should we say TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY@HUNTSVILLE orTEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY@ NACOGDCHES as well?

By TSU do you all mean the system by that name or the San Marcos wannabe who attempts to use the name of the system rather than it's correct name TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY@ SAN MARCOS? Should we say TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY@HUNTSVILLE orTEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY@ NACOGDCHES as well?

there is no "Texas State @ Nac". Stephen F. Austin is, and has been, an independent public university. The schools in the Texas State system are Sam Houston, Lamar, Sul Ross, and Texas State in San Marcos.

Also, your whole diatribe is flawed because the 83rd Texas Legislature passed a bill saying that the school in San Marcos was official Texas State...no San Marcos. This was signed by Governor Rick Perry and went into effect Sept. 1, 2013.

I have no tie to the school formerly dubbed Southwest Texas State, but your willful ignorance is embarrassing

Eat a Snickers, dude.