'15 OL Abdul Beecham (Converse Judson)

Sorry some of ya'll don't like my post, but I am tired of these kids committing and then backing away later. If I was their parent, I would tell them to stick with their commitment once made. If you think you will waiver should the A$M's and UT's of the world come sniffing around throwing dollar bills at you. then hold off on committing.

You can come here and help build the program or go somewhere where that extra work isn't needed and the building has been completed and be one of many.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I agree. It's modern teenagers. No commitment, loyalty, respect, and that list goes on and on.

I hope that any and every offer he has gets dried up before he commits.

GMG!

that is a terrible sentiment to wish a young kid that you actually know nothing about. would i like for him to come to school at NT and play for us, surely would. the fact that he isn't completely sure he will do that now doesn't make him a bad kid or lacking loyalty and respect. he isn't married to the program because he thought he would come here... he gets to look other places if he wants. Also, UNT recruiting is taking a hit since the whole McWhorter thing. how much do you want to bet that TSU used that when they were recruiting cheatum? our fans coming on here and talking down on a kid we were all excited about while his dad is actually participating in the thread is weak. reputation is word of mouth and that is just one more thing that could be spoken negatively about us. dad tells kid, kid tells coach, coach tells other kids, and so on and so forth. mix that with the McWhorter situation and we no longer have a good recruiting reputation.

I get the "we don't need you if you don't want to be here" thing but I just don't think it is fair or wise to bad mouth 17-18 year old kids, and their parents in a way, because they don't do what you want. Just my personal preference.

Edited by MeanGreen13
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Always amazes me how grown ass men get upset at a 17 year old kid for being indecisive over on , what is probably up to this point, the biggest decesion of his life. I'm sure ya'll would take a de - commitment from another school with open arms.

If you want to be upset with someone , be upset with the coaches. It's their job to hold on to these kids. Just as much effort needs to be put in on holding on as it does getting a verbal.

We seemed to have pulled the offers on McWhorter & Bingham so it works both ways

We will find a suitable replacement.

FWIW - arkansas state seems to be in play

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I didn't say he was a bad person. However, I'm not wishing him the best for him to be an all conference player at a conference opponent. Why would I? And Astate is in play, so we are potentially losing 2 solid recruits to sun belt teams. Yay.

And Brett, programs do horde talent. They kick players off of teams for "violation of team rules" to open up billets. It's been going on for-ev-er. Take the 2nd string off of 40 P5 programs and they are your MW, MAC, CUSA, SunBelt, and AAC conference champs most years.

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's a lot of competition, but I think he would be wise to consider the early impact that he could make at NT.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/197218/abdul-laeef-beecham

ESPN does this sometimes. Misreports interest as offers. We're his only offer as of now, but he's likely to land a few more or else he wouldn't have reopened his recruitment. They reported a Notre Dame offer for Ashton Preston, but they never offered.

I take it nobody here has thought about the very real possibility that UNT cooled on him and it was a mutual split.

When players have no offers from anyone else, that's sometimes the case. Could be academics. Could be that somebody higher on the board is serious about committing. Could be both.

considered it but there are no better HS Guards that we are going after... he was at the top of the list as far as I can tell.

• 2 months later...

The only offers this kid has tweeted since decommitting are from Midwestern State (Division II) and Langston (NAIA).

So, yeah ...

I take it nobody here has thought about the very real possibility that UNT cooled on him and it was a mutual split.

When players have no offers from anyone else, that's sometimes the case. Could be academics. Could be that somebody higher on the board is serious about committing. Could be both.