'15 OL Abdul Beecham (Converse Judson)

• 1 month later...

Just received news that Abdul-Laeef Beecham committed to UNT today! His twitter account has him wearing a North Texas jersey with #62 (Cyril Lemon's number). This is a great pickup for us. Welcome Abdul-Laeef to The Mean Green Family!

So 3 commits in one day :thumbsu: . Things are starting to move. Players better start commiting before there is no more spots on this boat. If you are a DB you probably already missed the boat.

Yup. And I think we only have 1 more defensive end spot as well. Unless an exceptional one wants to jump on board later like Kenneth Mann or someone like that. Beecham also told Vito that the coaches told him they'd be taking just 2 interior o-linemen. I could see them taking another, but that's something to keep note of. Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Tried to verify if Abdul Beecham did commit. Nothing concrete posted on his twitter or other media. I hope its true and we get this kid. I think he is VASTLY underrated. He has nice HUDL Film. Here is some interesting info I found on him:

6'3" 286lbs

Play's OG, OT and OC

3 year Starter

1st Team All District (2013)

1st Team All Area (2013)

2nd Team All State TSWA (2013)

Pre-Season Class 6A All State DCTF (2014)

92nd ranked OG for Class of 2015 (247 Sports)

15 D-1 Colleges of Interest (Rivals) http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Abdul-Beecham-151626

I wonder if he will be in attendance at The Friday Night Lights Camp???

• Upvote 4

Welcome to the board! I encourage everyone to watch this kids HUDL video if you have not already. He can play. He has great feet and explosion. He reminds me of a young Cyril Lemon which is strong praise. I do not have a listing of the Friday nite lights list but I agree and hope he will be there.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/384160/abdul-laeef-beecham

I think this cat has the chance to start from day one a la Cyril Lemon.

I hope he has the character, work ethic, and focus of Cyril Lemon. If so, jackpot.

We are going to see Mr. Lemon playing on Sunday afternoons for a very long time.

North Texas is on a roll. Many of these prospects are underrated. They are looking past the allure of Big Conferences and Big Schools. The opportunity to compete and play early as well as a seasoned staff with tons of College and Pro experience, former players and current players who will be drafted in the NFL, an almost new Stadium, excellant facilites and academics and a very challenging schedule with almost every game on TV is leading these recruits to seriously consider UNT and play for Coach Mac and the Mean Green!! Abdul Beecham is going after other targeted 2015 players, the main ones being (Chet Munden and Creighton Barr) trying to convince them to join him at UNT. He will not stop there as he has former Converse Judson teammates class of 2014 (who will have to spend a year at Junior College but were solid D-1 prospects) that he will try and convince to consider UNT when they choose a D1 school. Both players were STUDS. Remember these names and checkout the Hudl film

Andre Wilson WR (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/848024/highlights/69372375) great rec, punt return, kickoff return and punter. Magic with ball in his hands..reminds me of a smaller Chancellor

Malik Pryor OLB, DE, RB (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/552973/highlights/63134385) great athlete......smaller Orr??

UNT is only going up. Kids had better take a long look at them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

ESPN just rated him a 73, which means our 7th 3 star.

He's actually our 8th 3-star, when you factor in Zavian Bingham who was rated a 3-star on scout. But yeah, Beecham is our 7th 3-star on ESPN. Ashton Preston is our only commit to be rated 3-stars on multiple recruiting websites (ESPN and Scout).

Don't look at the rest of CUSA. You might question how we walk and chew gum.

Don't look at the recruiting classes of the schools we play every year?
  • Upvote 1