'15 OL Shane Block (Oklahoma)

• 1 month later...

They can have him. I'm not an expert in evaluating talent but he looks very raw. I think North Texas just threw a dart in the dark with recruiting him. If we get him cool, if not then so be it. His frame has room to grow but he's theoretically too tall to play center and doesn't weigh enough to play G or T. He might be able to pack on 20lb in an off-season but even then a 6'5" 275lb tackle? I'd give an end with any experience at all the edge 9/10 times.

Funny post greenminer.

OFFENSIVE LINE CRUCIAL FOR YUKON

With Class 6A being split into two divisions, Yukon finds itself in arguably one of the toughest districts in the state with powers Jenks and Broken Arrow alongside 2013 semifinalist Westmoore.

And first-year coach Bill Young knows the Millers’ ability to compete up front will be crucial as they look to make the playoffs for a sixth straight year.

“We’re going to have to be able to throw the football, there’s no question about it,” the former Oklahoma State defensive coordinator said. “But we’re also going to have to be able to run it.”

Leading the way up front will be Shane Block, a 6-foot-5, 270-pound tackle who has an offer from North Texas, and Tyler Stilwell, a guard.

Read more: http://newsok.com/class-6ai-1-football-preview-keaton-torre-darren-williams-highlight-strong-edmond-santa-fe-junior-class/article/5084534

“Having some guys like that will help us big time,” Young said.

I actually want to agree with this sentiment, but with actual signing day not until Feb, why not? Something may develop and kids change their minds.

Well, okay, I suppose that's possible. But we'd be just as well off starting individual threads for every recruit that we have not offered, because each of them is probably just as likely to end up at UNT.

I'm sure UNT really wanted Block. He is a solid player and has a huge frame that will welcome some additional weight. I would never go so far to diminish the talent of a recruit just because he chooses another school. A team such as UNT would not simply throw out an offer to a guy without wanting him badly especially with the limited number of scholarships available. Players such as Block, Furquan Shorts, Clayton Woods and Andrew Martel have all picked UTSA over UNT for several different reasons as I'm sure there will be several recruits who pick North Texas over UTSA. UNT and UTSA will now and forever be challenging for the same recruits. It's time that we all accept that. I still have heartburn from losing Goree to UNT who is an exceptionally talented receiver

• Upvote 4

I'm sure UNT really wanted Block. He is a solid player and has a huge frame that will welcome some additional weight. I would never go so far to diminish the talent of a recruit just because he chooses another school. A team such as UNT would not simply throw out an offer to a guy without wanting him badly especially with the limited number of scholarships available. Players such as Block, Furquan Shorts, Clayton Woods and Andrew Martel have all picked UTSA over UNT for several different reasons as I'm sure there will be several recruits who pick North Texas over UTSA. UNT and UTSA will now and forever be challenging for the same recruits. It's time that we all accept that. I still have heartburn from losing Goree to UNT who is an exceptionally talented receiver

Well said, well said.

• Upvote 2