'15 OL Cody Wheeler (Allen)

Probably not. HS games are typically GA so people squeeze close to the field. Student section may have not of even been sat in, let alone the wing.

Talked to some friends who went to the game. They said it was pretty much the same attendance as a UNT game. Could've been more but Arlington Martin (school I played for) didn't bring a huge crowd. Allen and DeSoto game had over 30,000 people last week at Cowboy's stadium. As Eulessismore said, should be interesting to see how many show up for next week when Trinity plays Allen. Two huge fan bases.

Talked to some friends who went to the game. They said it was pretty much the same attendance as a UNT game. Could've been more but Arlington Martin (school I played for) didn't bring a huge crowd. Allen and DeSoto game had over 30,000 people last week at Cowboy's stadium. As Eulessismore said, should be interesting to see how many show up for next week when Trinity plays Allen. Two huge fan bases.

I honestly think a lot of us should show up, and just enjoy watching some good high school football. I don't make it to all that many Euless Trinity games, but love it when I do. Trinity vs. Allen always gets the fans for both sides stirred up. By the way, Coach Lineweaver would love to see UNT doing well, and I recall fondly his wish that one of his late qualifiers from last year could play "just up the road" in Denton.

Edited by eulessismore

Yeah, 30k at Cowboy Stadium is a but different. A lot of people simply go to the game to check out the wonder that is Cowboy Stadium on a cheap ticket. Pics of the "same crowd as UNT game" or it didn't happen. My bet is maybe a 1/5 (at best) of the student section was filled and 0 in the wing with the exception of the weirdos that sit at the tips for no reason. Either way, still pitiful that this is even being talked about quite frankly.

Ben gooding, go jump off a bridge. I pray I never meet you for fear I may go to jail. You're a moron. Easily 17,000 there today. Home side dang near maxed out. Next week 20,000 May be there, if Martin brought their share easily, that many this week.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, 30k at Cowboy Stadium is a but different. A lot of people simply go to the game to check out the wonder that is Cowboy Stadium on a cheap ticket. Pics of the "same crowd as UNT game" or it didn't happen. My bet is maybe a 1/5 (at best) of the student section was filled and 0 in the wing with the exception of the weirdos that sit at the tips for no reason. Either way, still pitiful that this is even being talked about quite frankly.

why is it pitaful? Getting a chance for some recruting some what with letting the schools see play in the stadium

Just because you don't doesn't mean others feel the same way.

So typical. Put the athletic department in a no win situation. If they don't you would bitch about it and if they do you say the above.

So typical. Defend the AD from an allegation not even made...

I think selling those two fan bases on an awesome game day experience is a great idea! In another thread I asked about club level tickets. Why not open it up show them a glance and make some easy cash. Don't give them the whole run or whatever but give them a taste. It could only help.

• Upvote 2

I think selling those two fan bases on an awesome game day experience is a great idea! In another thread I asked about club level tickets. Why not open it up show them a glance and make some easy cash. Don't give them the whole run or whatever but give them a taste. It could only help.

Because it might require someone from the AD to work on a non-UNT game day Saturday.

UNT90, you know that if you try to hand feed a dog and he bites you every time, you will get bit again. You make the allegation every time, so common sense would lead me to believe that another would be coming. By the way, I am not defending the department just pointing out the no win situation you put them in. Constructive criticism has a place when it is fair. Criticism for the sake of criticism does no one any good, but I don't think you would understand that.

See you at Portland State next year?

• Upvote 2

Billy did you go to the game?? Is there a rule that prohibits the "hosting university" from having scouts at the game? If not, I'm very disappointed and pissed off. Saw two smu scouts on Allen sideline the entire first half. One is the new recruiting coordinator.