'15 DE Sam Miller (Canton)

I will say, the one thing that stands out negatively is that he could use some work tackling, particularly not tackling so high. But just a great get. Kid plays nasty. There's a reason they have packages with him at fullback.

Looking at his film, I think a lot of those high tackle situations had to do with him being about a foot and a half taller than the kid with the ball. It looked like the tops of some of their helmets were just about at his shoulder pads.

• 2 weeks later...

Was given a rating of 78 on ESPN. 70-79 is a 3-star, so he's almost a 4-star on ESPN. Second-highest rated player we've ever had on ESPN since they started rating recruits, behind Riley Dodge.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/198995/sam-miller

But MAC can't recruit DL he's suppose to be a DLINE GUY!! Lol people man... Just let the guy do his job.

By the way this is greatness hope we hold onto him!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Any info on how this young man is doing this year.. maybe a little publicity love from us will keep this kid interested. He will be helping our defense next year.

Not much, and that may not be a bad thing. I kind of hope teams forget this kid exists. I just hope our bad season doesn't affect his commitment. He could be a day 1 impact guy for us.

His team got beat pretty bad last week against Gilmer. I only saw the Gilmer recap, so I not know how he did.

Yeah, they were beating Canton 63-0 at halftime. Canton doesn't have their stud qb (ULM commit) and Gilmer is probably going to win the state championship. Not sure how Miller did.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...