'15 QB Chris Riddle (Florida)

Harry

If all goes well this season, we will have a QB with either 2 more years (Greer), 1 more year (McNutty), or 3 more years (DJ), plus Means (4 years), plus Chumley (4 or 5 years). Not a slam dunk that we bring in a QB in this class. However, if all does not go well and none of our current options seem viable, then we definitely have to bring in another QB and open up the competition in the Spring.

• 3 weeks later...

He's scheduled to visit on November 22nd for the FIU game. Chris had another solid week passing for 20/29 and 262 yards. Unfortunately we played the #1 3A team in Florida (UC is a 2A) and they did a great job keeping us out of the end zone.

Here is his updated film including his game this Friday. (FYI, I think the way HUDL works, the previous links I provided always link to his most recent video)

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2464718/highlights/158367386

Thanks and GMG

• Upvote 4

For all y'all interested in the updates. Chris' stats from last night are below along with the updated highlight reel. Looking forward to getting to Denton on the 22nd of November. Go Mean Green!

11/17, 261 yards, 3 TD's 0 INT's in 2.5 quarters of play. Starters were pulled out once the score was 41 - 0

• Upvote 6

For all y'all interested in the updates. Chris' stats from last night are below along with the updated highlight reel. Looking forward to getting to Denton on the 22nd of November. Go Mean Green!

11/17, 261 yards, 3 TD's 0 INT's in 2.5 quarters of play. Starters were pulled out once the score was 41 - 0

very nice, let's sign the young man!!
  • Upvote 1

This kid just visited on Saturday. Potentially another qb we may have had some interest in, now off the board.

Edited by BillySee58

How did Chris do last night?

How did Chris do last night?

He did pretty well. In the first two quarters he threw 11/13 for 183 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's. He and the other key players were pulled at halftime.

4 more weeks and we're on a plane to the Texas for his visit. We're looking forward to getting on campus for that visit.

Go Mean Green!

P.S. I just received the official stats from the team statistician and it's also worth noting he had a perfect passer rating of 158.3

Edited by RiddleMeThisGT
  • Upvote 4

Has he played a game passed halftime??

Just curious, seems like the kid has an arm, but dang, it gets tiring recruiting people,who play halftime and end up at unt with little experience. Nothing replaces gametime.

It seems this guy can really sling it around and has a good understanding of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

He did pretty well. In the first two quarters he threw 11/13 for 183 yards, 2 TD's and 0 INT's. He and the other key players were pulled at halftime.

4 more weeks and we're on a plane to the Texas for his visit. We're looking forward to getting on campus for that visit.

Go Mean Green!

P.S. I just received the official stats from the team statistician and it's also worth noting he had a perfect passer rating of 158.3

How did Chris' visit go this weekend?

Well, the visit was cancelled indefinitely. Two weeks ago Chico told me that as much as he wants to offer Chris, Mac will not be taking a 2015 HS QB this year. So Canales recommended we cancel our visit plans and save the money and will let us know if Mac reconsiders a HS QB for the 2015 class.

Thanks for all your support and Go Mean Green!

P.S. great win against FAU!

Well, the visit was cancelled indefinitely. Two weeks ago Chico told me that as much as he wants to offer Chris, Mac will not be taking a 2015 HS QB this year. So Canales recommended we cancel our visit plans and save the money and will let us know if Mac reconsiders a HS QB for the 2015 class.

Thanks for all your support and Go Mean Green!

P.S. great win against FAU!

Well, I sure hate to hear that considering that we need all the help we can get at QB. I wish nothing but the best for Chris in the future. Someone will recruit him and give him a chance and I think he will succeed.

Well, I sure hate to hear that considering that we need all the help we can get at QB. I wish nothing but the best for Chris in the future. Someone will recruit him and give him a chance and I think he will succeed.

Thank you, Withers -

I was really hoping it would pan-out, because I really felt like UNT was a great fit. I'm with you regarding his recruitment because it's picking up to include some promising interest from other C-USA programs. Who knows, maybe he'll end up playing against UNT some day.

Mr. Riddle, we'd love to have you son here. All you have to do is tell Mac that you had a class together at college or that you knew his roommate in college or something, and he'll sign him in a heartbeat.

I wish I could, Rudy. If there's a silver lining it would be that Canales still calls Chris every week. So you know he's not giving up on Chris. In case I didn't make it clear before, this was NOT Chico's decision to pass on a 2015 HS QB. But, I completely understand the reasoning. I was told there are higher recruiting priorities for the 2015 class and the Mac doesn't want to waste a scholly on a 15 HS QB. But, you never know...that could change down the road.

GMG

Edited by RiddleMeThisGT
  • Upvote 1