North Texas Spring Game Recap Video

Thanks so much Chris --

For those of you wanting to see what Sam Rice looks like look at the first :05 mark as he pulls inside from left tackle...he beats Fred Scott #32...

This video will be helpful for us to review performances in the game.

If you catch anything let us know and you can use the timer to identify when it occurs.

1:53 mark here is where Terrell got hurt.

Anyone know if it was serious? He was on the sidelines grabbing his shoulder right after that play. I saw him iced & in a sling shortly afterwards.

There were not any serious injuries.

Edited by SSP

Unfortunately couldn't go to the game and just saw this video, but did Means get a bunch of snaps? Man, that kid looks pretty good from the highlights in the video. McNulty looks decent and Greer looks like he has a pretty big arm but Means stuck out more than anyone when I watched it without paying attention to jersey numbers.

• Upvote 2

Who is the QB #7?

They showed a "highlight" where he almost gets sacked, dances around back there to elude the rush and the crowd cheers. That was nice athleticism, but athleticism isn't good quarterbacking!! He should have checked down or thrown the ball away. Why were people so impressed with athleticism??? Just drive the bus son!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Who is the QB #7?

They showed a "highlight" where he almost gets sacked, dances around back there to elude the rush and the crowd cheers. That was nice athleticism, but athleticism isn't good quarterbacking!! He should have checked down or thrown the ball away. Why were people so impressed with athleticism??? Just drive the bus son!!

That was Means. The HS Senior/ freshman.

• Upvote 1

Who is the QB #7?

You must be mistaken, that elusiveness came from a lunch pail that he carries with him everywhere. Hes just a hard nosed kid that keeps his head buried in the playbook...a coaches kid I think.

Greer looked the best out there. He has good height/size, good arm, and it is evident that he knows what he is doing from his JC experience. Means had a few good plays too but I hope the starting QB battle goes down to Williams and Greer. The receivers made some good catches and I can’t wait to see the Jimmy Show in the fall.

Defense gave up a few big plays in the secondary but I like what I saw from the linebackers on the Green and White team. Defensive line looked pretty good but they did have a couple off sides penalties.

Beat UT. GMG

• Upvote 2

He'll never make it. All that "Manziel Stuff" will get you buried on the depth chart...for some.

Same QB as this guy:

"Williams said he edged out Thompson in mobility and arm strength, and he also isn’t worried about the new quarterbacks coming next year.

“I just welcome the competition,” Williams said. “Whatever they can do, I can do better. That’s how I look at it.”

http://ntdaily.com/new-qb-class-brings-competition-to-vacant-position/

Except.....stay uninjured......or learn the playbook.

Same QB as this guy:

"Williams said he edged out Thompson in mobility and arm strength, and he also isn’t worried about the new quarterbacks coming next year.

“I just welcome the competition,” Williams said. “Whatever they can do, I can do better. That’s how I look at it.”

http://ntdaily.com/new-qb-class-brings-competition-to-vacant-position/

Except.....stay uninjured......or learn the playbook.

He didn't say anything wrong there. I would hope he thinks he's better than the others. Same with McNulty, Greer, Means, etc... If you come in with a mindset of, "Well, such-&-such guy is better than me, so I'll just bow to him" when the incumbent starter just graduated, then you don't deserve a scholarship.

But he does need to learn tact.

• Upvote 2

Not fair that you can't get minuses.

So injuries are a character flaw? And I am not sure it is a "playbook" issue. The comments from the booth seemed to indicate it was more of a patience/decision making issue at present. I think that is pretty excusable, as he has really been on campus for less than a year.

The example was given that they ran the TE pass that netted the TD in the HOD bowl, where the Qb rolls right, waits for the TE to slide left and is wide open. Apparently DW only waited for about 3 seconds and then took off running. Pissed off Mac considerably, made DT wince. Seems like the kind of mistake an 18 year old used to winning HS games based on talent would make. And exactly the type of play that Mac dislikes. He will learn. Well he should learn. If not, he probably won't make it here.

But I don't see either an injury or his aggressive play as a real knock on the kid at this point. And I kind of want my QB to think he is the best player.

Minuses? Listen to how that sounds lol.

A.) DW lacked in all sorts of metrics in the Wintrich workouts. His legs are the size of a chickens and now he has had two separate instances of leg injuries (no matter how minor). His lack of desire and motivation in the weight room to correct the GLARING issue of him being skin and bones was pretty transparently laid out in the workout reports.

B.) I am not saying the best should cower to anyone but I guess him stating that he is better than his competition is not the mindset I want to see getting 1st string snaps. Why? Because it reflects his immaturity and for the same reasons I don't care for Carlos Harris too much it rubbed me the wrong way. Guess what DW? Noone is handing you anything. You are supposed to be the most capable QB out of the four but you are now 3rd or 4th string. Don't tell us about what you think you are.... show us. Weight Room, Class, On the Field and in the Locker Room. Learn when to open your mouth and when to let your actions do your talking.

1) Did CH do something inappropriate at the Spring Game? Question, no answer. I was not at the Spring Game.

2) Solely judging from this 4 minute YouTube clip, it looks like McNulty had a better game and it also looks like he has improved his arm strength and release. Also, Darius Terrell looked solid. Hopefully he contributes this season.

• Upvote 1

1:10 mark: some sweet moves by Sweet Willie Hubbard

Who is #74 on white DL, he shows up at 2:17 mark. Pretty good sized kid.

Nice pass by McNulty to Tucker at 4:07.

Terrell reminds me of Roy Williams (UT and ex Cowboy receiver), his frame and also having the #11. Glad to hear he's okay.

Dajon knows the playbook. Knowing what to do against certain defenses is another story. You wont learn that unless you are on the field lined up against a defense and with lots of film study.

Greer should be caught up with the film by fall and should close that gap. Dajon better hit the weights and film room hard in the summer. If he does, he still has a shot. He has one thing going for him and that the coaches want him in there.

• Upvote 2

1) Did CH do something inappropriate at the Spring Game? Question, no answer. I was not at the Spring Game.

2) Solely judging from this 4 minute YouTube clip, it looks like McNulty had a better game and it also looks like he has improved his arm strength and release. Also, Darius Terrell looked solid. Hopefully he contributes this season.

No CH was fine at the Spring Game. He does, however, have a bad history with running his mouth both online and on the field