MGB: UNT men's basketball team parts ways with player

Though they don't press, it's kinda how Dayton played too. A lot of 6'4-6'8 guys with not much down in the paint. They spaced the floor, ran when they could, and shot 3's. They were a matchup nightmare. Sometimes if you focus on what you do have, instead of what you don't, a whole world opens. Use our weakness (lack of quality interior size) as a strength.

Edited by CMJ

We all new it was coming.

tumblr_lpfxbgHxcl1qej55t.gif

We all knew Coleman was going to have a run in with the law?

We've come to expect Benford to run off anyone that he feels ain't getting it done. Gaines has no choice but to go pro as transferring for his senior year would be a waste.

I just hope we aren't hurting our APR with all the departures we've seen the past two years.

Wow. All I have to do is look away for one day and another one bites the dust. Starting to think Benny has some kind of Napoleonic complex when it comes to the big guys.

No, he simply can't develop big guys.

Or small guys.

Or medium sized guys.

So he just turns them over as a way of saying "ain't my fault."

And the powers that be apparently have no problem with it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I just hope we aren't hurting our APR with all the departures we've seen the past two years.

welp...

The NCAA does adjust APR, on a student-by-student basis, in two circumstances.

One exception that can be made, is for student-athletes who leave prior to graduation, while in good academic standing, to pursue a professional career.

Another is for student-athletes who transfer to another school while meeting minimum academic requirements and student-athletes who return to graduate at a later date.

Since nobody had an answer for why Kuehne left the BOR, maybe how the program he invested in and put his name on is being run in to the ground is the answer. Why is Benford still here? Come on AD! We know you read the board. Somebody have some balls and speak the truth.

I not believe this is why Coleman left. This was all orchestrated by Benford and this is the story they are sticking with come hell or high water.

• Upvote 1

Since nobody had an answer for why Kuehne left the BOR, maybe how the program he invested in and put his name on is being run in to the ground is the answer. Why is Benford still here? Come on AD! We know you read the board. Somebody have some balls and speak the truth.

I don't know the truth on this, but many previous posts in the basketball forum from some really knowledgable people would indicate the above is 180 degrees wrong.

I not believe this is why Coleman left. This was all orchestrated by Benford and this is the story they are sticking with come hell or high water.

Nope to both Kuehne and Coleman...and why would those who know feel the need to discuss it here? The usual suspects would just go on with their stuff and ignore the facts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I said a year ago that there was no reason to discuss anything about this basketball program. I believe what we've seen since that time has done nothing but multiply the pointlessness of anyone discussing or even thinking about this craphole tenfold.

A pile of feces doesn't magically start smelling any better. A pile of feces remains a pile of feces until those charged with cleaning up that pile of feces care to do so or until it dries up and turns to dust on its own. This pile of feces still has another season or two before it's turned to dust...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I said a year ago that there was no reason to discuss anything about this basketball program. I believe what we've seen since that time has done nothing but multiply the pointlessness of anyone discussing or even thinking about this craphole tenfold.

A pile of feces doesn't magically start smelling any better. A pile of feces remains a pile of feces until those charged with cleaning up that pile of feces care to do so or until it dries up and turns to dust on its own. This pile of feces still has another season or two before it's turned to dust...

OK, serious question. If you think this way, why are you so active posting in these threads about basketball? Just honest question.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

I said a year ago that there was no reason to discuss anything about this basketball program.

OK, serious question. If you think this way, why are you so active posting in these threads about basketball? Just honest question.

Really no use discussing men's basketball on this board at all this year.

Says the pot to the kettle.