'15 LB Clay Holford (Hebron)

6'2" 230 lb linebacker from Hebron high school. Will enter his third year as a starter this season, after amassing over 100 tackles last year. 1st team district 5-5A linebacker last year as a junior. Kid's a thumper and pretty much an inside linebacker all the way. We are his first offer.

Highlights:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzHKYmfUPw

http://247sports.com/Player/Clay-Holford-37137

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kid looks like a stud! He'd be a great addition!

I honestly really like his game, too. When this class of recruits (2015) arrives on campus we will have just two returning inside linebackers in Anthony Wallace and Fred Scott. Wallace will be a senior by then and Scott will be a junior. Getting a true inside linebacker out of high school for this class is a must IMO. We need someone waiting in the wings with those upperclassmen.

We've done a great job addressing the speed at outside linebacker the last few years with guys like Sed Ellis and Brandon Garner (who I'm also very high on). Getting a true inside linebacker to pop some pads and meet guys in the hole while our speed at OLB prevents backs from bouncing it outside makes for a great combination. A guy like Holford would fit that bill.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Darn. I liked his game. Not the fastest guy, but you don't have to be at middle linebacker. I still think we need an inside linebacker this class. A guy with some size to go along with our smaller, speedy linebackers. When these guys get to campus we'll have just 2 scholarship inside linebackers in Fred Scott and Anthony Wallace, who will be a junior and senior respectively by then. We'll see.

How do we lose this kid to Eastern Michigan?

Eastern Michigan?????

I really hope that we withdrew the offer. If we were pursuing this kid and lost out to Eastern freaking Michigan, it would make me very concerned for this class going forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wth. How is this happening?!? This is what frustrates me and legitimately concerns me about this coaching staff. If we want to be a contender the recruiting game has to elevate, and I am not seeing it happen with this staff in year 4. Most highly touted recruits in 4 years have been Goree and the Oklahoma kicker. I don't get it. It doesn't make sense. 20 consecutive years of losing wouldn't be a justified excuse for EMU to come into our backyard and take a recruit we are after. The theme every year is that this staff can't recruit. No one has came out and flat said that they can't, but it's starting to really seem that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I somehow have a feeling that he may not have been assured of a scholarship yet and may have taken the sure thing. But, Eastern Michigan? More people attend the Hebron games than Eastern Michigan's. You have the best and worst attendance in the FBS sitting a few miles apart.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...