'17 JUCO ATH DeAndre McNeal (Fullerton College) [LOI: FAU]

• 2 years later...

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188224/deandre-mcneal

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/671741/deandre-mcneal

McNeil was suspended from the Longhorns indefinitely after an unnamed infraction of team policy. Transferred out with the goal of going back to D1 as soon as possible. He is a sophomore this year at a California Junior College. Real 4-star prospect with offers from Alabama, Miami, A&M, UCLA and more. We did offer out of High School. Great potential play maker. I hope the off the field stuff is cleared up.

Tweeted that we offered today.

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Caw Caw said:

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188224/deandre-mcneal

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/671741/deandre-mcneal

McNeil was suspended from the Longhorns indefinitely after an unnamed infraction of team policy. Transferred out with the goal of going back to D1 as soon as possible. He is a sophomore this year at a California Junior College. Real 4-star prospect with offers from Alabama, Miami, A&M, UCLA and more. We did offer out of High School. Great potential play maker. I hope the off the field stuff is cleared up.

Tweeted that we offered today.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Would be a huge get if he wants to stay close to home. We need some impact at the WR position (as we can tell by watching the players at La Tech and WKY the past few weeks)...

As far as impact I could see him having an impact similar to Marcus Trice who was a highly recruited high school player who transferred from OU.

8 hours ago, BigDanTeague said:

McNeal is a beast physically.

Could play either side of the ball at the high-major level. Was recruited in high school at WR, RB, OLB, and S.

When we played against him he played WR, and OLB and was DOMINANT as an OLB!! Held his own as well as Jefferson did.  

And to that point in the season he hadn't played any defense.  In the 2nd round of the playoffs he slid in and basically dominated the LOS on his side.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Im thinking he is about to make his commitment and Call me crazy, i have this weird feeling he might be coming here. Then again I could be full of Shiitake

He's crystal balled 100% to UCLA by a 247 analyst that has a 94% accuracy rate. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

51 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

He's crystal balled 100% to UCLA by a 247 analyst that has a 94% accuracy rate. I wouldn't hold your breath. 

So what you're saying is that they are wrong 6% of the time? I like my chances.

Back in November, President elect had no chance in hell at winning but.......Well you know what happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

GOSH I HOPE SO IT WOULD BE A BIG ADD. AND ADD MOMEMTUM

Hopefully it would encourage a few other JUCO WRs to come here, and those young HS WRs in Beau and Galvin... 

We need to keep tweeting at him about the Cowboys/UNT deal.. could help, and have Choice tweet out something with Dez.. could help drive home the point!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Hopefully it would encourage a few other JUCO WRs to come here, and those young HS WRs in Beau and Galvin... 

We need to keep tweeting at him about the Cowboys/UNT deal.. could help, and have Choice tweet out something with Dez.. could help drive home the point!

Beau/Galvin stock is through the roof at this point. I could buy McNeal to UNT, but those others are a pipe dream to me.