Duck Dyn and the Independence Bowl

Wag Tag

I see billboards up across the Metroplex for the Duck Commander NASCAR race in Ft Worth. It appears they are pushing the Duck COMMANDER name which they own over the Duck Dynasty name that the Discovery Channel owns.

Duck Commander is the name of their company. Has been since the early 70's.

You people should try reading up on folks rather than just making fun of them.

I thought that's exactly what he was saying...?!

I thought that's exactly what he was saying...?!

Thanks, that WAS what I was saying. When the show went on Discovery, the original brand was not promoted. The family is working to make the original brand at least as well known. And they are spending money on sports to build their brand.

What this has to do with football and NT is where they might put all this money. Phil has the obvious connections to La Tech, though most of his sons attended ULM and the ULM stadium was a backdrop for at least one of the shows. Money makes a bigger difference at the non-AQ level. Both La Tech and ULM could use almuni willing to spend some cash.

If we become bowl eligible and don't go to the HoD, we could be in the Duck Duck Goose Bowl. It's a CUSA tie-in.

Looking at their website, it appears that it is ACC vs SEC for this coming season. Unless there is an at large for the bowl, not likely that we would go. It may be a stretch to say this is UNT football related.

Thanks, that WAS what I was saying. When the show went on Discovery, the original brand was not promoted. The family is working to make the original brand at least as well known. And they are spending money on sports to build their brand.

What this has to do with football and NT is where they might put all this money. Phil has the obvious connections to La Tech, though most of his sons attended ULM and the ULM stadium was a backdrop for at least one of the shows. Money makes a bigger difference at the non-AQ level. Both La Tech and ULM could use almuni willing to spend some cash.

I thought Willie went to LSU. Am I wrong? Which sons went where?

How about the Bigot Bowl. That rolls off the tongue rather easily.

lECjDpV.jpg

For a guy who toiled for 30 years for CPS trying to find shelter for homeless children it must be conflicting for you to refer to a loving, successful family who happened to adopt a bi-racial baby and a Tawainese teenager as bigots?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

lECjDpV.jpg

For a guy who toiled for 30 years for CPS trying to find shelter for homeless children it must be conflicting for you to refer to a loving, successful family who happened to adopt a bi-racial baby and a Tawainese teenager as bigots?

Rick

Nah, it is easier to sling insults at one who is committed to his religion, especially when it is Christianity. I think SE meant to call Jesus a bigot since Phil was basically stating what the Bible says. Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Had no idea we have so many reality TV fans onboard!!! Anyone have any hot taeks on what the Kardashians are up to this season?!?! Anyone wanna get into a fight defending the honor of the Real Housewives of Mexia?!?!? LET'S DO THIS!

Oh, did the Kardashians or producers of Real Housewives step up and sponsor a Bowl Game that our Mean Green could play in?

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, the whole "well it's in the bible so that makes it okay" is used by people who have never read the bible. Genicide is okay. It's in the bible. Bigotry and slavery is supported by the bible. It's my religion. It's okay to make horrendous statements about people. I have faith!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

lECjDpV.jpg

Rick

Nope. Not anymore conflicted than you are when you spout anti-union tea party-like rhetoric and then enjoy the benefits that a Fireman's union gets for you.

Since you brought up loving families. When someone makes intolerant comments about loving couples, who happen to be of the same sex, who want to make a commitment to one another, THEN offhandedly comment that black people were better off before civil rights legislation was passed, they are pretty clearly bigots as far as I am concerned.

And since you don't live with them day in and day out, you have no earthly idea if this is a loving family or not. For all I know all they have is good publicity. I put more credence in what they say to people that they don't pay than ones who's job it is to present them in the most ideal light. You know Warren Jeffs thought he had an ideal loving family.

Adopting children of another ethnicity is not unusual for people who like to present themselves in the most grandiose way. Most of the time people who are in the public eye who do that have a "I'm going to rescue them from their negative backgrounds, and teach them how to be white like me, and then their life will be sooooo much better" attitude. Those children are often times little more than accessories for their public resumes.

I've done this sort of thing much longer than you've been putting out fires. And I would never second guess you on putting out fires.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Nope. Not anymore conflicted than you are when you spout anti-union tea party-like rhetoric and then enjoy the benefits that a Fireman's union gets for you.

Since you brought up loving families. When someone makes intolerant comments about loving couples, who happen to be of the same sex, who want to make a commitment to one another, THEN offhandedly comment that black people were better off before civil rights legislation was passed, they are pretty clearly bigots as far as I am concerned.

And since you don't live with them day in and day out, you have no earthly idea if this is a loving family or not. For all I know all they have is good publicity. I put more credence in what they say to people that they don't pay than ones who's job it is to present them in the most ideal light. For example Warren Jeffs thought he had an ideal loving family.

Adopting children of another ethnicity is not unusual for people who like to present themselves in the most grandiose way. Most of the time people who are in the public eye who do that have a "I'm going to rescue them from their negative backgrounds, and teach them how to be white like me, and then their life will be sooooo much better" attitude. Those children are often times little more than accessories for their public resumes.

I've done this sort of thing much longer than you've been putting out fires. And I would never second guess you on putting out fires.

And they could truly be the loving family they appear to be. Works both ways but its easier to smear people you disagree with politically or religiously.with the broad brush. And I've done it before too so I'm not dismissing myself on that.

And there's no doubt you've been making wild, jumping-to-conclusion accusations longer than I've been putting out fires.

And speaking of my union and profession, I'm one of a few union members you will EVER claim to know that actually voted against giving himself a raise in our last contract election. So thats another accusational attack by you that you either knew nother about, forgot about since the last time we discussed it or a bad attempts to argue?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Oh, did the Kardashians or producers of Real Housewives step up and sponsor a Bowl Game that our Mean Green could play in?

Rick

Not yet, but that door is obviously open. Probst Bowl 2015!!!!1!! I mean, I just didn't know you guys were such huge reality TV fans you'd know about their families and get in internet fights and stuff. Cool!

And hey, a reality TV star's bi-racial baby and Taiwanese teenagers are clearly closely tied in to SERIOUS FOOTBALL TALK?, so don't stop what you're bringin' to the table.

If that's all this is, then DID YOU KNOW? Buffalo Wild Wings CEO Sally Smith is a church going lady with a loving husband and two wonderful children!!!!

20110516-MWBWW0516LG.jpg

And they could truly be the loving family they appear to be. Works both ways.

And there's no doubt you've been making wild, jumping-to-conclusion accusations longer than I've been putting out fires.

And speaking of my union and profession, I'm one of a few union members you will EVER claim to know that actually voted against giving himself a raise in our last contract election. So thats another accusational attack by you that you either knew nother about, forgot about since the last time we discussed it or a bad attempts to argue?

Rick

Once it passed did you give back the money.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4