'15 DL Carl Thompson (Denton Guyer)

BillySee58

Defensive end from Guyer. Early member of the rivals preseason Texas top 100. First team district 5-4A defensive end. Holds North Texas offer. Props to NT03 for the find.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Carl-Thompson-155727

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1369668/carl-thompson

Edited by BillySee58

He said this after he was offered today.

"@Carl_Thompson52: @chaselondon17 you need to walk on somewhere and earn a spot or something! and yeah I got a few schools looking nothing big."

And he said he didn't know if was going to our Jr. day tomorrow. He asked someone what time it was, then complained that it was too long. He's also seen wearing a Northwestern hoodie a lot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He said this after he was offered today.

"@Carl_Thompson52: @chaselondon17 you need to walk on somewhere and earn a spot or something! and yeah I got a few schools looking nothing big."

And he said he didn't know if was going to our Jr. day tomorrow. He asked someone what time it was, then complained that it was too long. He's also seen wearing a Northwestern hoodie a lot.

sounds like we got a cool kid on our hands... im pretty sure a d-1 scholarship offer is a big deal.

sounds like we got a cool kid on our hands... im pretty sure a d-1 scholarship offer is a big deal.

I get that for a Denton kid UNT isn't the flashiest offer. But he liked the junior day and was impressed. All these kids that visit come away impressed. Wish the initial perception was better, but at least we're impressing the kids who see it first hand and give us a chance.
  • Upvote 1

I like this guy better than Broadnax. Could be a big strongside DE or put 30-40 pounds on him and let him be one-gap 3-tech.

Yeah, I think he would thrive playing the 3-tech. Broadnax at nose at Thompson at the 3 would be really good gets, but it'll be hard to get either of them. Not sure how much Thompson wants to stay in Denton, but apparently he had a good time at junior day.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So that makes two DFW area top 100 that Rice has landed. UTSA has also landed one out of that list. This is our backyard, not theirs. Are we not able, or just not interested?

And UTSA has several players out of the Houston top 100. We have one.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Downvote 1

So that makes two DFW area top 100 that Rice has landed. UTSA has also landed one out of that list. This is our backyard, not theirs. Are we not able, or just not interested?

It used to be that a lot of kids from Houston went to NT. But I guess not anymore. This is in general, not necessarily athletics. I see lots of UTSA and TSU stickers on car windows, but rarely a UNT sticker.

Those are highly coveted players and we struggle winning recruiting battles. Hopefully that improves, but until then we need to lean on hitting on our evaluations, getting players whose other offers expire, and developing our guys. Edited by BillySee58