Sunday afternoon UNT recruiting notes 3:30pm

Harry

It’s the Sunday afternoon before national signing day and the pieces are starting to fall into place for UNT. Here is where things stand as of now:

– As we reported earlier, Elkhart running back Jeffery Wilson committed to UNT following his weekend visit. We will have more on him in tomorrow’s paper. He was one of the more productive small school backs in the state. I have mentioned that he could develop into more of a power back on the college level. I meant that as a comparison to Willy Ivery, who is a smaller, quicker guy in the class. The bottom line is that anyway one slices it, Wilson is a good get.

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/02/sunday-afternoon-recruiting-notes.html/

Yeah, gotta wonder if we pull a rabbit out of the hat on signing day.

As for Chumley, I trust the coaches and the decision to grayshirt him. Also glad to hear he was on board with that decision and he wants to be here that badly. Disagree with what Vito said at the end about Chumley, or at least how I took what he said. I don't see what coming in a semester bigger/stronger and with a better understanding of where he will fit will help his development, at qb at least. Either way he'll come in with a chance to compete at qb and will get moved if it doesn't work out. Don't see how grayshirting will change that or help his chances as far as working out at qb. Unless the coaches just say "you're playing qb" next spring, which I doubt. But Vito's right, since that's what the coaches are doing.

Yeah, a Nic Orr flip would be fantastic. He would really add to the North Texas Orr legacy, granted he pans out. I've been wondering for months why he didn't just decide to come to UNT and build on what his brother left behind. Maybe he didn't want to play in the shadow, but regardless, please flip to North Texaa.

We have exceptional out of the box creative recruiting thinking with this UNT coaching staff who know how to communicate to high school kids the advantage of the gray shirt as to how it will help their future and ultimate success at the college level.

Some need the gray shirt but Xavier Washington is one who does not........but that in my most biased opinion, of course; also coupled with the fact that North Texas needs defensive linemen.........now.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen