"Conference USA Football Schedules could be out soon"

10Eagle10

If you're waiting impatiently for Conference USA to release the 2014 football schedule, you're not alone.

I sometimes think I'm the only one interested in this topic, however I'll continue to post updates

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/02/conference-usa-football-schedules-could-be-out-soon

tidbits:

- - C-USA asst commissioner Russ Anderson said no decision on UAB has been announced, but the reporter is hearing from other officials that it's all but final with UAB moving West

- - Anderson said putting the schedule together was complicated with WKU moving in 2014 and Charlotte not joining til 2015. "that leaves C-USA with 13 teams, and unbalanced divisions, in 2014. That means somebody has to be off every week." - I had thought this might be the problem, hence my bringing up the subject of whether or not we jumped the gun by adding WKU a year early

- - when C-USA releases the 2014 schedule, it will be a one-shot deal - completely independent of the 2013 and 2015-future schedules

- - In 2015, C-USA teams will begin playing a round-robin schedule, meaning that division rivals will play half the division at home and half on the road one year, and then reverse the schedules the following year.

- - There will also be a pattern to when and where inter-division games are played (East vs West). The round-robin pattern will NOT be happening starting in 2014. Officials will put together the best schedule they can, then start all over again for 2015. see #3 above

- - some teams could end up hosting a team two years in a row or going on the road to face a team two years in a row

- - TV, home date requests, and stadium availability are also concerns. CBS Sports and Fox channels could televise around 12 Thursday and Friday night games

Hopefully we see it soon so I can start coordinating my work schedule, etc to make as many additional road games as possible. The more notice, the better

• Upvote 1