TCU flips another (UTSA commit) Travin Howard

Harry

The kid they flipped yesterday should have offers from most of the Big 12.

Good info as usual appreciate your east texas insight. UTSA only has like 11 spots to give so they are needing precision. Sucks for them -- this may have been their highest rated recruit on the board. It has happened to us and still could. Need to hold on to what we have...

Heard over here in the West O' Plex that TCU's Coach Patterson (whose Froggies were bowl'less this season) was flippin' pissed when on New Years Day he turned on his TV and saw about 35,000 Mean Green fans at the HOD Bowl game supporting the team in green as it kicked UNLV's arses. Wasn't that long that TCU was in a conference with UNVL, right?

Said it before, but I really believe TCU has bitten off more than it's going to be able to chew most Falls as a member of the Big 12 as long as UT and OU are members (and I'm not sure they will always be in the B12).

I can't remember the last time TCU won any conference championship as long as they were in a league with the Texas Longhorns (even back in their SWC days) and I've been following NCAA football since 1961.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I can't remember the last time TCU won any conference championship as long as they were in a league with the Texas Longhorns (even back in their SWC days) and I've been following NCAA football since 1961.

Just for fun I looked it up.

5-way tie for the Southwest Conference in 1994 (between Texas, TCU, Rice, Baylor, Texas Tech), before that 1958, 1955, 1951, 1944, 1938, 1932, 1929. Pretty much in the last decade that the SWC existed The Frogs won a lot of Tennis conference championships and not much else. (Also Mens basketball in 86, 87).

• Upvote 1