UTSA Board: "UNT thinks they can beat the Sith Empire"

Harry

Who is "meanergreen"? I'm really tired of him trolling over there, getting messages from some of the UTSA people I'm friends with wondering what is going on, then I go over there and post one comment that isn't really trolling while whoever that is continues to troll, resulting in them posting my old Twitter pictures all over their website. It's creepy and I'm not sure my girlfriend approves that those fat dudebros keep insulting her. Really stupid. They have limited reading comprehension which would explain why they can't discern "meaner" from "greener" but still.

I mean, it's not like I publicize my regular twitter anymore, they did in-depth searching. Freaking weirdos.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just don't get the "we'll never beat Texas" thing. Every year, mid-majors and even FCS teams post surprise upsets against traditional powerhouses when those big boys are in a down or rebuilding year. We've upset some of them over the years, just not recently and not Texas. We also haven't been this good in a really, really long time. The Sun Belt years, we were good against bad teams (and Cincy, barely but we won). A couple of our FCS years we were pretty good. But we've finally turned a corner that we have been hiding behind since about 1979. This may or may not be the year we finally beat Texas, but we have a better shot than we've had against them in a long time. Even if this isn't the year, if we continue onward and upward, it could happen the next time around.

If the argument is "a mid-major in a good season will never take down a powerhouse in their down season," well, that's already been disproved over and over again. And if the argument is that it will never happen because it's Texas, well, that's just silly, unless the refs are playing for them (which happens but not always).

• Upvote 1

I just don't get the "we'll never beat Texas" thing. Every year, mid-majors and even FCS teams post surprise upsets against traditional powerhouses when those big boys are in a down or rebuilding year. We've upset some of them over the years, just not recently and not Texas. We also haven't been this good in a really, really long time. The Sun Belt years, we were good against bad teams (and Cincy, barely but we won). A couple of our FCS years we were pretty good. But we've finally turned a corner that we have been hiding behind since about 1979. This may or may not be the year we finally beat Texas, but we have a better shot than we've had against them in a long time. Even if this isn't the year, if we continue onward and upward, it could happen the next time around.

If the argument is "a mid-major in a good season will never take down a powerhouse in their down season," well, that's already been disproved over and over again. And if the argument is that it will never happen because it's Texas, well, that's just silly, unless the refs are playing for them (which happens but not always).

Remember 88' .....thinking about making this into a sign for the game

You mean, sort of like every money game every single season? You're right. Who do we think we are, Louisiana-Monroe or Georgia Southern or something?

You're welcome.

I didn't say it would be impossible to beat UT. But, "every money game every single season" doesn't involve an underdog breaking in 13 or 14 new starters.

• Upvote 1

I didn't say it would be impossible to beat UT. But, "every money game every single season" doesn't involve an underdog breaking in 13 or 14 new starters.

Considering how a few of their commits already jumped ship, I'm kind of wondering if a few guys on the roster might follow suit during/after spring ball. If that happens, this statement could just as easily be about UT as it is about us.

Remember 88' .....thinking about making this into a sign for the game

You realize that game was on the business end of 30 years ago? It's time to move on. Don't embarrass yourself with a sign saying you are a sore loser from a game last century. It's time to move forward. Edited by UNTexas

Before Dickey, all the UT games were very close. It is the epitome of a David and Goliath matchup, but anything can happen; McCarney doesn't give up in these games.

I do wonder though of those thinking that it is some how an advantage for NT playing them in Strong's first UT game. They are likely to be fired up for a game that they usually wouldn't be. Plus the little problem that NT is going to be replacing over half their starters.

We hammer UTSA as beneath us, but remember this "2 yr Junior College" beat the team this year in what should have been a big game for all of our SRs, not sure we can trash talk much when they came into Apogee and punched the team in the face and faced little resistance until the end.

AGREED. I'm not much of a trash talker, especially when I don't actually play in the game - the players do. Trash talk looks pretty bad in hindsight if you lose. The "Sith Empire" is pretty funny though. I would love to beat UT, especially since I live in the Austin area, but I'm not counting on it considering both teams' history. Stranger things have happened, but I won't get excited until I see it.