Harry

Former Iowa State football coach Dan McCarney led North Texas to its first bowl win in more than a decade (beating UNLV 36-14 in the Heart of Dallas Bowl). And according to ESPN blogger Richard Durrett, fans weren’t quite sure how to react.

“Some of them contemplated rushing the field and in the end, maybe 500 of them decided to join the team in celebration at the 50-yard line, doing so in the most calm and orderly "storming" of a field you'll ever see.”

Read more: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20140106/SPORTS/301060083/0/NEWS01/?odyssey=nav|head

I saw a cop punch a kid, and watched two kids get tazed. It wasn't orderly

This is a stretch but a police officer did roughly grab my Girlfriend and throw her back in the stands. She had a small bruise. Not a big deal, but was it really necessary to do to a girl? I thought that was excessive but the majority of the police officer were being pretty cool about it.

Towards the end they started letting people down, but I was on the aisle in section 22 right by the front of the field. First we had alumni screaming at us we would get arrested if we rushed, then when the game ended we had people pushing forward, and the kid in the front got pushed back up, but the cop was screaming at him and when he went to push the kid ducked and got punched in the face. Someone jumped over next to the cops and was immediately grabbed and thrown back into the wall where they made him go back over. Some kids from the end zone were on the field by now, and the cops turned, and someone jumped, and shoved the cop over and ran towards the center, the cop got up, grabbed his tazer and ran out towards the middle and tazed the kid and brought him back. I moved to the middle of the row, not next to the stairs and jumped and ran, but before i got to the mob in the middle I saw a kid juke a cop who fell, and the cop pulled out his tazer but I'm not sure if he actually used it because by then I was squeezing my way as close to the middle of the mob as possible.

Not that I am inclined to post it publicly, but I do have a good video of a guy getting popped in the face pretty good by one of the DPD officers. It seemed more like he was just trying to grab him as he was running onto the field and happened to catch his face, but it doesn't really look so good.

Not that I am inclined to post it publicly, but I do have a good video of a guy getting popped in the face pretty good by one of the DPD officers. It seemed more like he was just trying to grab him as he was running onto the field and happened to catch his face, but it doesn't really look so good.

Post it!

Man I didn't see any of this. I just walked down the stairs of sec 21 and had no resistance. It was nice congratulating all of the players on the field.

Same here. I waited until all the commotion died down, then just casually walked down onto the field. Talked with several of the players and coaches. Awesome.

• Upvote 1

I was able to shake Trice's hand and gave him a quick "Thank you for everything you have done for our football program, I better see you on Sunday's" and he thanked me. It was pretty cool. Also, I shook Brock's hand and said, "You're starting next year and bringing us back here, right?" and he genuinely said "Absolutely"

• Upvote 1

post it or it never happened

• Upvote 1

Well, I wouldn't consider it an accident if he intended to make contact with him, which it appears that he did--an accident that he connected with his face like that and turned his head backwards, sure. I will say this though, it was effective. I don't think another person went down that particular set of steps after that. :)

A few fans started spilling over the railing and ran toward the team at the middle of the field. One fan leaped over a police officer and laughed. The officer shook his head, pulled out his handcuffs and went into the middle of the field searching for the fan.

Other fans pleaded with officers to let them on the field as they watched others jump over the railing and others get corralled by officers. At one staircase, a field enforcer gave up and started allowing people onto the field before more police arrived to contain the crowd.

Pulled that from here.

• Upvote 1