I gotta admit, I am really looking forward to @UTSA next year!

Harry

I don't understand why people aren't bringing up Rice as a potential rival! Last year was a great set up, with the Halloween night game, and UNT being Rice's only conference loss on the way to the conference championship. I think that sets up to be great rivalry! I also have a little bias because I am a current UNT student with a father and sister that attended Rice, but still I think that could be a very exciting rivalry based on how the first matchup went.

Very much looking forward to Rice. I think it could really open up our recruiting efforts in Houston. A low point in the Dodge era was our last visit there when we were drawn and quartered. I hope we will exorcise those demons this time around.

By definition, anyone that we play is a rival. It is two teams, people, whatever, competing for something that only one can have. Now, if you're talking about #1 rival, bitter rival, and such then that's different.

Like it or not, UTSA is in our division of our conference. We'll play them every year. You can't ignore them and they'll go away. If we try, we'll just keep getting our arses handed to us. So, unless we change conferences we have to man up and face the problem. We can start by getting our first win against them.

• Upvote 1

I don't consider utsa a rivalry, at all. They got lucky. North Texas will put them in their place this upcoming fall. We need to make La Tech or Rice the rival, not utsa. They are a blip on the radar that will just force our program to dip in the national eye if we start considering them out rival. GMG

• Downvote 1

When did we suddenly become (attitude wise) SMU?

exactly. So far we are 0-1 against UTSA. I don't understand still talking smack against them when we haven't beaten them. It will be and should be a very important game next season. Plus, it's close by so it will be a good trip. Looking forward to the trip very much and hoping we can beat them on the road. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

I know they have some loyal fans that do get it, but most of their fanbase is borderline retarded. One of their posters makes a comment about "Out of all the football programs in Texas, you choose to follow UNT." I tell him that I don't understand the argument because both of our schools are in the same boat. His response," In the same boat? UNT and UTSA must have played twice and split the series."

WTF?

Now I just feel sorry for them.

• Downvote 1

UAB, So MIss takes the place of Tulane, Tulsa in West , correct ?

Pure guess here

Home games : Nichols St , SMU , Southern Miss, La Tech , UAB & 1 East Team : Marshall,FIU/FAU,ODU,WKU

Away games : Texas, Indiana, UTEP, UTSA , Rice , 1 East Team : Marshall, FIU/FA,ODU,WKU,MTSU

As was hinted at, the schedule is a rough estimate because of the number of teams and the changes. To keep the shifting to a bare minimum, there are a few dozen variations that could take place. My guess is that they'll take 2013's best performers and give them the first choice of whether or not to alter their rotations, which would probably keep us in a spot where we could assume that our predicted schedule would stay intact. On the other hand, they could scrap the whole thing and start from scratch, which I'm not going to double check my math this late at night but I think conference-wide that would give you about 1,028 different possible overall schedule possibilities. So we can assume we'll probably have the schedule as expected but no guarantees because a few changes are going to have to take place to accommodate the field of teams and the divisional shifts.

Eh, the Independence Bowl is kind of shanky.

Do you mean skanky? Doesn't shanky mean "like a prison knife"? Oh, wait...that's not much of a difference depending upon how you look at it.

• Upvote 1