I gotta admit, I am really looking forward to @UTSA next year!

Harry

Next years road game against UTSA in San Antonio really should be fun. This will be our first time to play there. I think we will bring a great crowd and if this past year is any indication there could be a lot on the line. We have some great alums in San Antonio who I know will be rolling out the red carpet. RV talked about making it a train game which would be awesome for our fans.

GMG!

Again, don't be surprised if they trash last year's schedule and make a new one this year from scratch. UTSA could be back in Denton this year.

• Upvote 1

UAB, So MIss takes the place of Tulane, Tulsa in West , correct ?

Pure guess here

Home games : Nichols St , SMU , Southern Miss, La Tech , UAB & 1 East Team : Marshall,FIU/FAU,ODU,WKU

Away games : Texas, Indiana, UTEP, UTSA , Rice , 1 East Team : Marshall, FIU/FA,ODU,WKU,MTSU

• Upvote 1

Next years road game against UTSA in San Antonio really should be fun. This will be our first time to play there. I think we will bring a great crowd and if this past year is any indication there could be a lot on the line. We have some great alums in San Antonio who I know will be rolling out the red carpet. RV talked about making it a train game which would be awesome for our fans.

GMG!

Look on Google maps. The Amtrak station is right next to the Alamo Dome. And at least two hotels are within walking distance from the station. The main drawback is that the train leaves at 7am Sunday morning for the return trip. Too much partying/celebrating would make that difficult.

• Upvote 1

I like the train idea too but I would want to drive down Friday to at least Austin. The train is 9 hrs each way whereas driving is 5 and a half

Is it really 9 hours? Does it make a stop in Lubbock or something? That seems way too long..

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 1

UAB, So MIss takes the place of Tulane, Tulsa in West , correct ?

Pure guess here

Home games : Nichols St , SMU , Southern Miss, La Tech , UAB & 1 East Team : Marshall,FIU/FAU,ODU,WKU

Away games : Texas, Indiana, UTEP, UTSA , Rice , 1 East Team : Marshall, FIU/FA,ODU,WKU,MTSU

Don't forget there ll be 13 teams... looking at how the MAC does this, 4 teams will miss someone from their own division to play a third team in the other division. there really is no exact guessing as to who this will be (although S. Miss and UAB are quite probably 2 of them). But who else? could even be UNT.

by the way: is Nichols State sure? I hadn't heard that.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

I am and live in SA and I don't like their arrogance.

Like it or not, their arrogance is beneficial to us as well as them. Their success including their miraculous upset of North Texas and their exaggerated cockyness is helping the streetbirds quickly establish themselves as a known commodity and worthy rival.

I don't know where this game will be played this year as CUSA has to juggle schedules, but I would like to see this game scheduled every year on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, and to enhance the rivalry I'd like to see students of the visiting team receive free or greatly reduced admission in Denton and San Antonio.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

Like it or not, their arrogance is beneficial to us as well as them. Their success including their miraculous upset of North Texas and their exaggerated cockyness is helping the streetbirds quickly establish themselves as a known commodity and worthy rival.

I don't know where this game will be played this year as CUSA has to juggle schedules, but I would like to see this game scheduled every year on the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, and to enhance the rivalry I'd like to see students of the visiting team receive free admission in Denton and San Antonio.

Amen. It will probably be a money maker as well. I know in the past some years back they brought in some Division II team and they drew something like 40,000 fan to the Alamodome. Also San Antonio has a different atmosphere than Dallas. It is a large city that somewhat has a feeling of a small town. And due to it large Mexican-American population has a loyalty to the city's teams as we have seen for decades with the Spurs.

• Upvote 1

I enjoy SA and look forward to playing in the alamodome...so great to have possible meaningful conference games in state. Gonna be tough to not go to all of them...between all the home games, Texas, Rice and UTSA I'll have an unhappy mrs if I try to squeeze UTEP in too

• Upvote 1

Ugh, I wish we would set our sights higher for a "rival" They got lucky. A number of different factors played into it, but it remains, they are an arrogant startup.

I agree...I do think they're a legitimately competitive team, but we should still set our sights higher as you said. It's too late for choosing though...the 2013 issue was just too nasty for it not to continue.

If you leave from Dallas, you have stops in Fort Worth, Cleburne, McGregor (outside Waco), Temple, Taylor, Austin, San Marcos....and finally San Antonio.

Ya, it's like a Greyhound bus trip. You stop in every Podunk town along the way.

Except its on rails and cooler.

Wonder if we can get enough alumni to charter a train? Can anyone even do that? Seems it would lessen the travel time and also allow is to mame return time.

Do trains charter?

• Upvote 1

Please, please, pretty-please, let a fight break out on the field during a very competitive game against LATech next year. They need to be our 'rivals' moving forward.

UTSA has a fellow system school in El Paso that they can go have a rivalry with.

I hope in the future we can play a game vs La Tech at the Independence Bowl in Shreveport

Edited by NT03

Ya, it's like a Greyhound bus trip. You stop in every Podunk town along the way.

Except its on rails and cooler.

Wonder if we can get enough alumni to charter a train? Can anyone even do that? Seems it would lessen the travel time and also allow is to mame return time.

Do trains charter?

We can arrange for our very own car to be added to the train, but I don't think you can arrange for a whole train. I can send an e-mail to Amtrak to clarify.

Rick V has already mentioned that he's gonna try and get the money for the Green Brigade to travel down there next year! I'm praying that that works out!!!!

I don't understand. They had the money in the budget in 2012 to send the band to Houston. The distance is about the same for SA. One thing they ought to do is trim down the size of the band. They are close to 400 members and that is entirely too big. Ohio State's band is 225 member with 33 alternates.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

We can arrange for our very own car to be added to the train, but I don't think you can arrange for a whole train. I can send an e-mail to Amtrak to clarify.

I imagine its doable, but would be well out of all but the richest of us budget. It would be interesting to see.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why people aren't bringing up Rice as a potential rival! Last year was a great set up, with the Halloween night game, and UNT being Rice's only conference loss on the way to the conference championship. I think that sets up to be great rivalry! I also have a little bias because I am a current UNT student with a father and sister that attended Rice, but still I think that could be a very exciting rivalry based on how the first matchup went.