Save The Date-Sat. March 22nd! Basketball Classic Returns!

KRAM1

KRAM

Shouldn't Andrew be the coach of the team that doesn't need a coach because the coach doesn't have any effect on wins and losses?

Also, I think there should be a draft this year. Last years teams were just a little slanted (like me being the only one on our team over 5'10"). The fact that we pulled off the greatest upset in the modern era of the GMG contests is a compliment to my coaching, of course. And maybe Rob's tenacious 5"10" rebounding self and the female who was lights out from 3.

With your description of our coaching viewpoints, I'm not so sure we won't get the "short" end of the stick again this year. ;-)

A draft would go a long way to even things out.

Also, are we ever going to get CBL off the compound long enough to come participate in one of these "games?"

No problem with a draft IF the two coaches can be on line at the given time...many moving parts and time is an issue. So, happy to have a draft, but folks gave to be available. Your description of last year's teams is incorrect as is what might transpire if there us no draft this year.

Would love to have CBL play, but that's up to him. He is not right around the corner from Denton as you know. If you know a way to get him here it would be great.

Still need players....

Is it two twenty minute halfs? And let's be honest the coach in something like this mostly handles substitutes and maybe a defense if people can operate. I suppose they can motivate everyone.

A draft would be fun. Maybe one step closer to a tournament ;) haha. I know your not interested but may one year when my life is less busy. That happens eventually right....?

I am only 5'10 but it's a good height :)

Yes...each half is 20 min. In length.

Hey, Coach...how about rounding up a few players for us? We need several more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes...each half is 20 min. In length.

Hey, Coach...how about rounding up a few players for us? We need several more.

I can try. Most people from my college days have split. My friend gene might play. He is coming to the game on Saturday and I will talk to him. I know he will play if he is not busy with work that day.

One year you should do a draft and have it at a place with food and drinks. Charge more money to cover it. I dream big haha. All though no idea how it would be done. Maybe use a place at UNT. Ever since I went to my wife's sorority formals I dream big!

Edited by Andrew

KRAM

Shouldn't Andrew be the coach of the team that doesn't need a coach because the coach doesn't have any effect on wins and losses?

Also, I think there should be a draft this year. Last years teams were just a little slanted (like me being the only one on our team over 5'10"). The fact that we pulled off the greatest upset in the modern era of the GMG contests is a compliment to my coaching, of course. And maybe Rob's tenacious 5"10" rebounding self and the female who was lights out from 3.

With your description of our coaching viewpoints, I'm not so sure we won't get the "short" end of the stick again this year. ;-)

A draft would go a long way to even things out.

I am 6'2" and was on your team...

Is it two twenty minute halfs? And let's be honest the coach in something like this mostly handles substitutes and maybe a defense if people can operate. I suppose they can motivate everyone.

A draft would be fun. Maybe one step closer to a tournament ;) haha. I know your not interested but may one year when my life is less busy. That happens eventually right....?

I am only 5'10 but it's a good height :)

we hockey style line change our subs, no stoppage of play...just in and out...coaches do little...well, more then benford, but not much more...

i come out for beer...go back in when i need to work off the calories...then back out for more beer...

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Added two new players today...a returning player and a newbie....

Welcome back UNTAlumni.com back for year two.....and welcome Rudy's BBQ to his year one of GMG.Com Basketball!

Thanks folks...got you both down!

Note: Still need players....check your schedules and see if you are available to play some ball on March 22nd in the 4th annual GMG.Com a Basketball Classic!

Also...need sponsors, donations, referees and silent auction items!

PM me or just post to this thread!

So, what UNT90 is saying is...it's not the coaching, but the players...blaming players is an interesting change for UNT90... Heck 90 they were all just kids and not at all responsible, right? Had to be the coaching!

Too easy...couldn't resist. Will try to set up a draft this year for you and Andrew. No excuses then!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, what UNT90 is saying is...it's not the coaching, but the players...blaming players is an interesting change for UNT90... Heck 90 they were all just kids and not at all responsible, right? Had to be the coaching!

Too easy...couldn't resist. Will try to set up a draft this year for you and Andrew. No excuses then!

Sounds cool. Maybe it can grow each year. 50 years from know who knows how big it could be. We could play at the half time of a means game haha. Now that would be a sight to see....hahaha

Oh no, it was definitely the coaching that led to the massive upset in last years GMG basketball game.

Did you miss that post?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: New player annonced... Lance White...former UNT football great has signed up to play! Welcome aboard, lance!

PLEASE NOTE:

Player fee remains $25.00.

ADDITIONAL PLAYERS NEEDED! Come on folks...let's help the UNT Cheer Squad and make this year's game our biggest and best ever. Deadline for sign-ups is approaching....FRIDAY, FEB. 28th at NOON!

PLAYER DRAFT: Player Draft will take place in the GMG.Com CHAT ROOM beginning at 10:00AM on SATURDAY, MARCH 1st.

Still need...Players, monetary donations from those who would like to help support UNT Cheer and who are not able to play or attend, Silent Auction Items, game day referees and game day volunteers to help with registration, concession stand, auction, etc., etc.

Hope some of you folks will come on and volunteer for some of these "opportunities"...time is getting short.

Thanks and GO MEAN GREEN!

Oh, I have asked harry to see about adding the PayPal site to the board again so those who want to pay or donate can do so on line prior to game day.

If you would rather send a check, just PM me and I'll send you my address...thanks! Let's do this!

• Downvote 1

UPDATE:

Game Day Schedule:

4:00-4:30PM - Player Sign-In, Shirt Distribution

4:30-5:00PM - Player Warm-ups

5:00PM - Tip-Off

6:30PM - Silent Auction Closes

7:00PM - Head to Rudy's BBQ (Denton) for Post Game Party and Trophy Presentations

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Folks...still need a few players....and really could use a donation or two or three...large or small...all count.

Will have the shirt design posted soon....cool. If you would like one but are not playing just let me know..... $25 ... And for a good cause.

Harry has the PayPal site up for registration fees and donations as well...check it out...makes it easy for you to donate and/or pay your registration fees.

Really would be great if everyone would get behind this fund-raiser a bit. So far...very quiet. Realize folks are busy, but need some support for this event. Our Cheer Squad students get no scholarship funds yet put in hours and hours of work supporting UNT and it's teams.

Can we step up, just a little, to help these student-athletes out with some scholarship funds?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Auction update...

Just picked up some great Heart of Dallas Bowl Game autographed photos with Derrick Thompson and the Rice game punt return TD with Brelan Chancellor! Hopefully, folks will love these...I have sent photos of them to Harry, and hope to post them in the thread soon.

If you want to bid and cannot attend the game in person, just PM me.

I think folks will like these...thanks go to Green59 for getting these and figuring out how to get them signed for the auction.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

NT90 can have meangreener and Ben gooden. Are they playing? I will take Billysee and Kram :)

Sorry Andrew,

KRAM doesn't play...too much work running the event...no time to actually play with all the game day duties.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1