Save The Date-Sat. March 22nd! Basketball Classic Returns!

KRAM1

• 4 weeks later...

Folks...I am very pleased to announce that as of now we have four sponsors who have stepped up to help us with this event....all great Mean Green fans and generous in their support for the Mean Green....As of now our sponsors are:

M. Benjamin Designs - Marcus Benjamin

Cross Timbers Equipment -Bryan Waddle

Addison Transportation - Kevin Kokjohn

Kokjohn Long Snapping - Troy Kokjohn

Thanks goes out to those above who have stepped out early to help us in this fund-raising effort. And, please remember that additional sponsorship opportunities exist...along with various other ways to help support this event including:

Sign-up to play,

Sign-up to referee,

Become a sponsor for the event,

Donate an auction item for our silent auction (can be UNT related or something else....all helps),

Make a donation (any amount greatly appreciated...large or small),

Volunteer to help work the event, and

Come watch and participate in the fun!

We need you! Come be part of the fun in one or many ways...you will be glad you did!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

Who are the coaches? I'm fine beating NT90 ;) haha.

As has been previously noted...the player coaches are:

Andrew and

UNT90.

It will be a battle of the two extremes...

1) UNT90 where the players can do whatever they want and be completely resolved of any responsibility as they are "just kids" VS

2). Andrew whose players will be required to wAtch no TV and fast for three days before the game to prove they are "real men"... And or "real women".

It is definitely a classic in the making!

This one is going to be the best of the four games to date!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Current players are not allowed for all sorts of reasons.

They could not watch.. Why can alumni play with them in the rec? Just curious what the difference is.

I also thought that at one time they had helped out by being referees. Am I wrong?

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

They could not watch.. Why can alumni play with them in the rec? Just curious what the difference is.

I also thought that at one time they had helped out by being referees. Am I wrong?

Well, yes..we did have an active women's team player ref for us one year...that was a mistake, but no compliance issues resulted. They can play, with permission, but the compliance issues loom high enough that it is just not worth the risk. Former players, no problem.

Have tried and tried to involve these folks to a great extent. Had a bit of success when a couple of seniors helped coach and ref. If you can help get a few out that would be great.

No problem at all with current players watching.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

I'd definitely be interested in playing or helping out however I can. Just gotta know what I need to do.

Excellent, Sir...but what you do is 100% up to you.

Want to play? Super as we do still need players...if so, what is your t-shirt size?

If you would like to help in other ways as well, we could use some help gathering some silent auction items....gift cards from restaurants are great if you frequent any places and might feel comfortably asking for a gift card donation....

Just let me know what you would like to do...thanks for your participation.

KRAM

Shouldn't Andrew be the coach of the team that doesn't need a coach because the coach doesn't have any effect on wins and losses?

Also, I think there should be a draft this year. Last years teams were just a little slanted (like me being the only one on our team over 5'10"). The fact that we pulled off the greatest upset in the modern era of the GMG contests is a compliment to my coaching, of course. And maybe Rob's tenacious 5"10" rebounding self and the female who was lights out from 3.

With your description of our coaching viewpoints, I'm not so sure we won't get the "short" end of the stick again this year. ;-)

A draft would go a long way to even things out.

Edited by UNT90

Is it two twenty minute halfs? And let's be honest the coach in something like this mostly handles substitutes and maybe a defense if people can operate. I suppose they can motivate everyone.

A draft would be fun. Maybe one step closer to a tournament ;) haha. I know your not interested but may one year when my life is less busy. That happens eventually right....?

I am only 5'10 but it's a good height :)